lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

The Hobbit: AUJ > THGMore likely than not, The Hobbit: DoS > CFQuality > Box Office every time

The Hobbit AUJ was a mixed bag, but then again so was the Hunger Games.I prefer AUJ to THG but I didn't like THG that much, I loved Catching Fire though, it's vastly better than AUJ.

The Hobbit: AUJ > THG

More likely than not, The Hobbit: DoS > CF

Quality > Box Office every time

I love my Tolkien PJ films and all, but I'm fully expecting to not like DoS as well as CF. AUJ and THG were about dead even quality wise for me, though I would probably have given the edge to THG sans shaky camera.

I've always thought this was more of a fluke in the numbers than anything. If Batman Begins, Shrek, Pirates, or Transformers had grossed $400m, would their sequels have failed to make as much as they did? Obviously not. Not to take away anything from CF if it manages to do it, but I think there's been way too much reverence given to that milestone.

Usually when a franchise hits 400+ m it has reached its peak and there's no where to go but down.So yeah , beating a previous movie that crossed 400 m is kind of a big deal.