lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

How's CF been doing internationally? Anyone care to project a final gross?

It's been doing pretty well. It had a $132m weekend last week (excluding Brazil - if we include it, then $138m)...New Moon also opened to $132m and finished with $413m. 

I think it's been holding well in most countries, and is looking at only a 45-50% drop in both the U.K and Australia (where it's doing huge business there). 

I'm saying it will challenge $500m. We'll know for sure once weekend numbers are out, but it looks really likely that it'll finish in Potter-territory worldwide.

• Like 1

I know Homefront is a very insignificant player this weekend, but it has been holding very nicely every day.  It won't gross much but I really hope this finds a bit of an audience.  I think the WOM is going to be very strong.  I've seen it twice and both times the people I've seen it with were very impressed with it.

I know Homefront is a very insignificant player this weekend, but it has been holding very nicely every day.  It won't gross much but I really hope this finds a bit of an audience.  I think the WOM is going to be very strong.  I've seen it twice and both times the people I've seen it with were very impressed with it.

I can't find a release date for Australia. Neither of the two big movie chains have it listed as coming soon. Might be following The Escape Plan.

Rallax hated Homefront and it really surprised me that he felt so strong in his negativity.  It's just a really well made film and Statham imo has never been better.  And I know this will never happen because of the type of film it is but Kate Bosworth is Oscar worthy in this.  She plays a meth addict to perfection.  I hope you get a chance to see it DeeCee.

• Like 1

So, Catching Fire did 31M on Friday, 28M on Saturday. That gives it 59M so far... Another 21M looks likely so that would give it 80M 3 Day weekend.

Or will it go down big time on Sunday? 

• Like 1