MrPink

BoxOffice Begins (FINAL PART UP!!! (2/17)). The Beginning is Complete

Hi, so I had this goofy idea to adapt the story of Box Office Forums and its various posters into the Batman universe since I found myself randomly inserting certain quotes and posters into various parts of the Nolanverse, that I seriously began the idea of actually just going through the whole thing. Am I crazy? Stupid? Maybe. But I figured it'd be kind of fun for me, and hopefully for you as well. What I'll try to do is set up the first part, and then set up subsequent parts with the 2nd post representing links to future scenes. We'll see if I can adapt the whole thing! Also, please understand it's very difficult to find a poster who's a perfect fit for each character, so some just sprung to mind. And without further ado...

BOX OFFICE BEGINS

ShawnMR: Ecstasy, let me see!

A Young ShawnMR runs through the derby area of Box Office Mojo attempting to chase down a young ECSTASY, having found an arrowhead. Shawn finds Ecstasy, hiding underneath a table

ECSTASY: Finders keepers, and I found it!

ShawnMR: Finders Keepers!

He steals the arrowhead and runs to hide, not realizing he is on top of a weak wooden plank. After a moderate creak, it breaks in half with ShawnMR falling through. At the bottom of the well, Shawn looks deep into the abyss when suddenly he is engulfed by a swarm of box office numbers. Suddenly…Shawn awakes in the present day

--------------------------------------------------------

Mattrek: Did you have bad dream?

ShawnMR: Nightmare.

Mattrek: Worse than this place?

ShawnMR and Mattrek are waiting in line, getting their rations for the day

Mattrek: They are here to fight you.

ShawnMR: Again?

Mattrek: Until they kill you

ShawnMR: Can they kill me before breakfast?

Suddenly, Algren appears, slapping away ShawnMR’s food.

Algren: You are in IMDB Box Office Forums little man….and I am…the DEVIL.

ShawnMR: You’re not the devil…you’re practice!

ShawnMR tackles Algren, viciously fighting off him and a slew of other insensitive posters in the mud. ShawnMR takes some hits, but clearly manages to fight off Algren and his goons with ease. Gunshots ring out, and ShawnMR is pulled away from the brawl

Random IMDB mod: SOLITARY!

ShawnMR: Why?

IMDB Mod: For protection!

ShawnMR: I don’t need protection!

IMDB Mod: Protection for them!

Algren and his goons lay on the ground, groaning in pain. ShawnMR is placed into a solitary forum of IMDB, enshrouded in darkness

------------------------------------------------------------

Mysterious Figure: Are you so desperate to fight posters that you lock yourself in IMDB to take them on one at a time?

ShawnMR: Actually there were uh…seven of them.

Mysterious Figure: I counted six, Mister Shawn.

ShawnMR suddenly turns his head at the mysterious figure, shocked that someone mentioned his name

ShawnMR: How do you know my name?

Mysterious Figure: The internet is too small for someone like ShawnMR to disappear. No matter how deep he chooses to sink.

ShawnMR: Who are you?

Mysterious Figure: My name is Ducard but I speak for a man named Baumer. A man greatly feared by the box office underworld. A man who can offer you a path.

ShawnMR: What makes you think I need a path?

Ducard: Someone like you is only here by choice. You have been exploring the box office fraternity but whatever your original intentions, you have become truly lost.

ShawnMR: And what path can Baumer offer?

Ducard: The path of a man who shares his hatred of poor box office predictions and wishes to serve true analysis. The Path of the League of BoxOfficeTheory.

ShawnMR chuckles, losing almost all interest in Ducard’s “offer.”

ShawnMR: So you’re armchair analysts.

Ducard: No no no, an armchair analyst is just a poster lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be ignored or slandered. But if you make yourself more than just an armchair analyst, if you devote yourself to an ideal…and if they can’t stop you, you become something else entirely.

ShawnMR: Which is?

Ducard: A legend, Mister Shawn. Tomorrow you will be released. If you are bored of brawling with IMDB posters and want to achieve something. There is a rare gif that grows in GoogleImages. Pick one of these gifs. If you carry it to Box Office Theory, you may find what you were searching for in the first place.

ShawnMR: And what was I looking for?

Ducard: Only you can know that.

*TO BE CONTINUED*

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 13

Looking forward to the awkward re-casting of Ecstasy's role for Film 2

Yeah she's gonna be replaced by Sam. (I'm joking, or am I?)

Honestly, there's only about 4 or 5 females that I know of on the forum, so hopefully I've got enough to fill the void here.

Honestly, there's only about 4 or 5 females that I know of on the forum, so hopefully I've got enough to fill the void here

Sam, Ecstasy, Claire Holt, LadyEvenStar, Ban10, Talkie, Lisa, Leyla.

I can get up to 8.

Edited by Walt Disney

Honestly, there's only about 4 or 5 females that I know of on the forum, so hopefully I've got enough to fill the void here.

Go ahead and replace me. I'd rather be in a Marvel movie anyway, lol.

• Founder / Operator

Hi, so I had this goofy idea to adapt the story of Box Office Forums and its various posters into the Batman universe since I found myself randomly inserting certain quotes and posters into various parts of the Nolanverse, that I seriously began the idea of actually just going through the whole thing. Am I crazy? Stupid? Maybe. But I figured it'd be kind of fun for me, and hopefully for you as well. What I'll try to do is set up the first part, and then set up subsequent parts with the 2nd post representing links to future scenes. We'll see if I can adapt the whole thing! Also, please understand it's very difficult to find a poster who's a perfect fit for each character, so some just sprung to mind. And without further ado...

BOX OFFICE BEGINS

ShawnMR: Ecstasy, let me see!

A Young ShawnMR runs through the derby area of Box Office Mojo attempting to chase down a young ECSTASY, having found an arrowhead. Shawn finds Ecstasy, hiding underneath a table

ECSTASY: Finders keepers, and I found it!

ShawnMR: Finders Keepers!

He steals the arrowhead and runs to hide, not realizing he is on top of a weak wooden plank. After a moderate creak, it breaks in half with ShawnMR falling through. At the bottom of the well, Shawn looks deep into the abyss when suddenly he is engulfed by a swarm of box office numbers. Suddenly…Shawn awakes in the present day

--------------------------------------------------------

Mattrek: Did you have bad dream?

ShawnMR: Nightmare.

Mattrek: Worse than this place?

ShawnMR and Mattrek are waiting in line, getting their rations for the day

Mattrek: They are here to fight you.

ShawnMR: Again?

Mattrek: Until they kill you

ShawnMR: Can they kill me before breakfast?

Suddenly, Algren appears, slapping away ShawnMR’s food.

Algren: You are in IMDB Box Office Forums little man….and I am…the DEVIL.

ShawnMR: You’re not the devil…you’re practice!

ShawnMR tackles Algren, viciously fighting off him and a slew of other insensitive posters in the mud. ShawnMR takes some hits, but clearly manages to fight off Algren and his goons with ease. Gunshots ring out, and ShawnMR is pulled away from the brawl

Random IMDB mod: SOLITARY!

ShawnMR: Why?

IMDB Mod: For protection!

ShawnMR: I don’t need protection!

IMDB Mod: Protection for them!

Algren and his goons lay on the ground, groaning in pain. ShawnMR is placed into a solitary forum of IMDB, enshrouded in darkness

------------------------------------------------------------

Mysterious Figure: Are you so desperate to fight posters that you lock yourself in IMDB to take them on one at a time?

ShawnMR: Actually there were uh…seven of them.

Mysterious Figure: I counted six, Mister Shawn.

ShawnMR suddenly turns his head at the mysterious figure, shocked that someone mentioned his name

ShawnMR: How do you know my name?

Mysterious Figure: The internet is too small for someone like ShawnMR to disappear. No matter how deep he chooses to sink.

ShawnMR: Who are you?

Mysterious Figure: My name is Ducard but I speak for a man named Baumer. A man greatly feared by the box office underworld. A man who can offer you a path.

ShawnMR: What makes you think I need a path?

Ducard: Someone like you is only here by choice. You have been exploring the box office fraternity but whatever your original intentions, you have become truly lost.

ShawnMR: And what path can Baumer offer?

Ducard: The path of a man who shares his hatred of poor box office predictions and wishes to serve true analysis. The Path of the League of BoxOfficeTheory.

ShawnMR chuckles, losing almost all interest in Ducard’s “offer.”

ShawnMR: So you’re armchair analysts.

Ducard: No no no, an armchair analyst is just a poster lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be ignored or slandered. But if you make yourself more than just an armchair analyst, if you devote yourself to an ideal…and if they can’t stop you, you become something else entirely.

ShawnMR: Which is?

Ducard: A legend, Mister Shawn. Tomorrow you will be released. If you are bored of brawling with IMDB posters and want to achieve something. There is a rare gif that grows in GoogleImages. Pick one of these gifs. If you carry it to Box Office Theory, you may find what you were searching for in the first place.

ShawnMR: And what was I looking for?

Ducard: Only you can know that.

*TO BE CONTINUED*

Welp, there goes my ego...

Posted Image

(Seriously though, this is awesome, MrPink.) B)

• Like 8

Yeah she's gonna be replaced by Sam. (I'm joking, or am I?)Honestly, there's only about 4 or 5 females that I know of on the forum, so hopefully I've got enough to fill the void here.

Oh God please, no!!! Rachel is a terrible character. And I don't wanna get killed off :P

Oh God please, no!!! Rachel is a terrible character.And I don't wanna get killed off :P

Well, it's either Ramirez or Catwoman at that point. Talia is reserved for Fishnets.

Oh, you can also be Bruce's date in TDK. The ballerina, med student.

• Like 2

I think Rachel's mom has one line in BB in a flashback

Sam can be the incriminating woman that Judge Faden was with that Katie Holmes uses as leverage. Or the lady in one of the ferries who says 'Go aheeeeeead! Do eeeeet!'

That's about as much depth as you're gonna get with females in Nolan films.

Gingy, we've already nominated you for Joffrey.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1