Noctis

Wednesday #'s: CF 1.9m, Frozen 1.8m

Awesome.  Frozen looks good for close to 25M this weekend.  Tangled pulled off a 4.20 IM in its 2nd and 3rd weekends.  Frozen did 4.7 in its 2nd, so if it matches that from a 5.1M Friday (+200% from a 1.7M Thursday,) that would put it on pace for 24M flat.  Overall, I have it currently on pace for 309M and that number will continue to rise.

• Like 3

Awesome.  Frozen looks good for close to 25M this weekend.  Tangled pulled off a 4.20 IM in its 2nd and 3rd weekends.  Frozen did 4.7 in its 2nd, so if it matches that from a 5.1M Friday (+200% from a 1.7M Thursday,) that would put it on pace for 24M flat.  Overall, I have it currently on pace for 309M and that number will continue to rise.

YAY, glad its continuing to truck strong.

• Like 3

Obligatory "look at how well Despicable Me 2 is still doing" comment.

LOL It's been in the theaters forever. So funny that I was just about to post about Percy Jackson still being in theaters and then I saw the days for DM2.

I could see it getting 5.5 million on Friday... a 4.7 multipler from that number would be $25.9 million (otherwise known as huge lol).

Give it a 30-35% drop the weekend after for roughly $17.5 million with $192 million going into the Christmas/New Year's season

I see it increasing to $20.5 million over Christmas weekend ($236 million) and dropping to $15 million ($278 million) over New Year's. A $8.5 million drop its 7th weekend ($289 million) with a $5 million/$7 million MLK weekend ($297 million). $4 million and $3 million the following weekends ($306 million) would set it up well even when LEGO Movie takes its screens. Dollar theaters and Valentine's Day will help it get between $310-$320 million by the end of its run.

However, if Frozen gets $18-21 million next weekend or get $27-28 million this weekend, all bets are off as to how far it goes  :lol:

• Like 2

I could see it getting 5.5 million on Friday... a 4.7 multipler from that number would be $25.9 million (otherwise known as huge lol).

Give it a 30-35% drop the weekend after for roughly $17.5 million with $192 million going into the Christmas/New Year's season

I see it increasing to $20.5 million over Christmas weekend ($236 million) and dropping to $15 million ($278 million) over New Year's. A $8.5 million drop its 7th weekend ($289 million) with a $5 million/$7 million MLK weekend ($297 million). $4 million and $3 million the following weekends ($306 million) would set it up well even when LEGO Movie takes its screens. Dollar theaters and Valentine's Day will help it get between $310-$320 million by the end of its run.

However, if Frozen gets $18-21 million next weekend or get $27-28 million this weekend, all bets are off as to how far it goes  :lol:

I'm expecting 24-25M and it wouldn't shock me something closer to 26M. That would pretty much lock 300M and if it holds even better during holidays than 350M or more could happen.  :o  :)

If Frozen made $25 million this weekend I'd be super happy but I'm gonna stick with a $22 million prediction. Increases into this next Friday will be smaller than last week and I doubt it can manage another 120% increase on Saturday.

That said one thing I'm really hoping is possible is Frozen getting a $20 million 5th weekend. (or at least close to it)

Friday update:

Friday Update: Sources tell NikkeFinke.com that Hobbit 2 will push Frozen out of first place this weekend.
Peter Jackson's latest Gandalf flick is headed for as much as $35 million on it's opening day, in which 6 million of that came from early showings and midnights last night.  Based on early sellouts today in places like Anchorage, Saskatoon and Dawson City, it should have a range of 20-35 mill for it's opening day.  It could reach 80 million for the weekend. 

Stay tuned for further updates later this morning as the west coast wakes up.

@nikkefinke

• Like 3