CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Emmy Rossum outchewing the scenery in a movie that features Jeremy Irons? Amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV3roWM0DSs

Jeremy Irons can be absolutely brilliant, or he can just say "fuck this film, I'm going grade-A maniac on your script"

• Like 2

The speech made mostly out of words starting with V

Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

Totally badass

"Are you a crazy person"

I don't remember that speech being in the graphic novel.

but I don't think the average screen writer could come up with that.

• Like 1

Well for one movie the legs were sort of expected the latter was a big let down after that massive opening.

Thor2 has somewhat disappointed as well with its legs. It is having a Summer multiplier in Fall, especially after it had 2 clear weeks to itself.
  • Like 4

Speaking of legs, with 9 major releases or expansions over the next 11 days, what sort of theater count drop will Thor have by the 25th? It's at 2264 right now, but it should be well under 1000 by then.

And for that matter, what sort of theater count will CF have? Still over 2000?

• Like 1

Speaking of legs, with 9 major releases or expansions over the next 11 days, what sort of theater count drop will Thor have by the 25th? It's at 2264 right now, but it should be well under 1000 by then.

And for that matter, what sort of theater count will CF have? Still over 2000?

Anchorman and Walking with Dinosaurs are both 3000+ theaters next week, and American Hustle and Saving Mr. Banks both expand to 2500+ theaters next week. So Thor 2 may be at under 1000 next week itself. CF will probably fall to 2000 next week. The Christmas day logjam with 5 major releases in over 2500-3000+ locations won't help any movie retain a big screen count.

The one movie which will do well through the holidays is Frozen. No direct competition targeted at kids at all. Really weird that there are no animated movies set for release.

• Like 2

Apparently CF taught a whopping total of no one here a lesson about jumping to quick conclusions with OWs. This is the Holiday people, if a movie is liked it will have great legs. AUJ got a 3.6x multi, despite the haters here claiming it was so disliked. Considering DOS seems to be near unanimously preferred to AUJ so far, and has a smaller opening, a multi of 3.8x+ should follow.

Let me guess..."Wait for school's out and holidays to pick them legs up"?

• Like 1

Anchorman and Walking with Dinosaurs are both 3000+ theaters next week, and American Hustle and Saving Mr. Banks both expand to 2500+ theaters next week. So Thor 2 may be at under 1000 next week itself. CF will probably fall to 2000 next week. The Christmas day logjam with 5 major releases in over 2500-3000+ locations won't help any movie retain a big screen count.

The one movie which will do well through the holidays is Frozen. No direct competition targeted at kids at all. Really weird that there are no animated movies set for release.

Frozen will probably be the only November release with 2,500 theaters over Christmas  :lol:

BTW, I watched "Frozen" yesterday. Liked it, but felt that it wasn't as great as the hype has been making it out to be.

Anyway, the point is, did anyone else remember "Watchmen" while watching Frozen?? The scene in which the

Ice Castle is constructed

reminded me a lot of Doctor Manhattan's fortress on Mars. I know, pretty small chance that a kids movie would reference Watchmen in any way, but just wondering.

• Like 1

BTW, I watched "Frozen" yesterday. Liked it, but felt that it wasn't as great as the hype has been making it out to be.

Anyway, the point is, did anyone else remember "Watchmen" while watching Frozen?? The scene in which the

Ice Castle is constructed

reminded me a lot of Doctor Manhattan's fortress on Mars. I know, pretty small chance that a kids movie would reference Watchmen in any way, but just wondering.

Nah, I doubt anyone remembers Watchmen