CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Now on to Joyeux Noel. A less-know Christmas movie but possibly the most emotional one IMO. Plus it's the first movie that made me notice mah boy Daniel Bruhl.

It was good. A bit too cliché and unsubtle at points.

For a huge action epic like THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG, it's a bit surprising that 3D represented just 49% of the opening gross.

Not really IMO.  My theater had almost twice as many 2D showings of Hobbit 2 over 3D.  Its been like that for the last year with other major releases to.

• Like 1

you guys are beyond jaded with huge numbers from big openers, guess its tradition now same thing happened for CF weekend and the movie before that 

i watched the hobbit 1 just now, its playing in french on canal+ (sorta hbo equivalent ) which i think is a great idea as people will watch it there if they don't own the dvd and then go see the sequel in theatre 

Edited by ladyevenstar22

you guys are beyond jaded with huge numbers from big openers, guess its tradition now same thing happened for CF weekend and the movie before that 

i watched the hobbit 1 just now, its playing in french on canal+ (sorta hbo equivalent ) which i think is a great idea as people will watch it there if they don't own the dvd and then go see the sequel in theatre 

our channels keep showing LOTR these 2 weekends :lol:

brrr hate the dubbing :angry:

Glad u loved the movie btw! & our Lego  :hi5:

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

Its not often we get mega hyped, big budget sequels opening to less than the first film, its really making me wonder how low DOS will finish in the US, overseas it will probably be huge regardless.

Jackson is getting to that 'sleepwalking' age that a lot of directors tend to go through at some point (Scott, arguably Speilberg) and i wonder how much Jackson really wanted to make the Hobbit trilogy, he wasn't signed on to direct at the start after all.

The films certainly don't come anywehere close to the LOTR trilogy in any way.