CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

should get a big higher than New Moon but not by a huge amount

Yes, it probably will, but I think a lot of us, myself included, were thinking more like 550-600.

Yummm, that film theory predict of 17M

WOOO! Frozen own everyone! :worthy:

17M lol

but still your lecturer will say something like "okay guys, it was close enough"

Edited by yjs
  • Like 1

Yes, it probably will, but I think a lot of us, myself included, were thinking more like 550-600.

It will be lucky to do in total what New Moon did here in 4 days (and what is even more funny is that a total like that for CF here is great, the distributor is thrilled and very happy). This probably happened in many other markets (Spain, for example).

• Like 1

Last week there were no big openers so the big holdovers still had the market to themselves, this week there is a 70+ mil opener, that's going to have an effect no matter what. CF and Frozen still managed to hold well, maybe even a little better than I was expecting.

I think that effect would show in smaller absolute numbers and low friday jump thanks to new competition. Would expect the growth on saturday to remain same percentage wise, albeit with smaller numbers.

our channels keep showing LOTR these 2 weekends :lol:

brrr hate the dubbing :angry:

Glad u loved the movie btw! & our Lego  :hi5:

a december month without harry potter and lord of the rings on loop is unheard of since these movies came out 

i don't mind the dubbing in french for lord of the rings ,i find french lends itself well to the serious historical tone of the films , although i do laugh at the names frodo baggins is frodon sacquet , i just go with the flow , one thing i'll never watch in french is american comedies everything gets lost in translation 

yep lego is flawless  :hi5:, i was fangirling during his fight scenes he's just so graceful  :wub: 

• Like 1