Shawn Robbins

Wednesday #s: ANCHORMAN 2 8.1M/ It's in a glass case of emotion / Hobbit (4.855m) / CF (1.243m)

I'm thinking we need to have a special award for the Best Overactor of the Year.We can call it the Jeremy, in honor of this fine manhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL4w__Vqdjg

I'm nominating the one guy who whipped Liam Hemsworth in Catching Fire.

Last year goes to John Daggett :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

If I remember correctly, Paramount didn't wanted to greenlight this, right? That is just fucking hilarious.

I think their reluctance makes a lot more sense when you consider that McKay/Ferrell originally wanted an $80m budget. Paramount greenlit it when they got it down to $50m.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I think their reluctance makes a lot more sense when you consider that McKay/Ferrell originally wanted an $80m budget. Paramount greenlit it when they got it down to $50m.

I think the long-run will prove that even an $80m budget would have yielded a profitable movie, but I do agree with you that it's easy to see why Paramount was hesitant after the first film's box office (decent, but not great).

No two ways about it, it's a really soft opening.  I think the weekend numbers will be much better but I was initially thinking of more like 12-14 OD.  But if it does 8-9 that's quite low.

• Like 1

I'm thinking we need to have a special award for the Best Overactor of the Year.We can call it the Jeremy, in honor of this fine manhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL4w__Vqdjg

That was hilarious, awful, awfully hilarious and hilariously awful Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

Personally, I've just felt the Anchorman 2 demand has felt forced and unnatural over the last year.  From the promos which didn't inspire my interest to now the blitz all over the media the last few weeks.

I guess I just feel they missed their window to truly capitalize on the first film by several years.

I was pretty positive about a big opening a few months back just because I thought others probably were more enthused, but now I'm not as certain.

... of course, it could skyrocket on Friday and I'll eat my words, but something doesn't feel right to me. (relatively speaking)

Edited by Adam