baumer

Thurs #s AM2 5.1, DOS 5.0/Don't act like you're not impressed

Good start for American Hustle. Maybe it can make 25M this weekend. Reviews and WOM seem to be really good.

EDIT: One thing I realized at my showing of Anchorman 2 - "Ride Along" will be big. The trailer for Ride Along probably got the best reaction among all the trailers shown (including 22 Jump Street).

Edited by grim22
  • Like 3

Frozen (2013) $2,198,122 23% 3,615 -127 $608 $172,049,171  

Thor: The Dark World $274,376 0% 1,923 -1151 $143 $199,438,108  

That jump.   :o

That brings its weekly to about $30M and only a 24% drop from last week.  

I wonder if its weekend jump will be more muted.  If it follows Tangled its heading for a 19M weekend but Frozen is way overperforming so maybe 20-21?

It's been sometime I have seen you post around here, what happened? 

Hey tawasal,

Yeah, not around nearly as much as I would like. I got married a little while back and it's changed my ability to be online a bit.  But I try get on here as much as I can. Especially when we have some interesting box office runs. Though I do miss being not being involved as much from years back.  Hopefully I can be around a bit more.

Frozen will sneak past 290m by this pace. 

I'm pretty much in belief that 300m will happen.  It just never has a bad day. Maybe it's increase will be muted today because of the crazy percentages of this week, but with limited competition it is going to do some juicy holiday business.

I think Anchorman 2 is safe for number 1, but my hunch of American Hustle knocking the Hobbit down to third might come true, or at least come close.

Defn possible. If Hobbit get's a 60% jump on Friday(AUJ got 52%) and a multiplier of 3.5 it will end up with 28. That could go up or down by a couple.

But if it's close Warner Bros will report a pumped up Sunday for sure.

Edited by a2knet

Hey tawasal,

Yeah, not around nearly as much as I would like. I got married a little while back and it's changed my ability to be online a bit.  But I try get on here as much as I can. Especially when we have some interesting box office runs. Though I do miss being not being involved as much from years back.  Hopefully I can be around a bit more.

It's really awesome to see you back buddy and I have been missing your insightfull posts. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty much in belief that 300m will happen.  It just never has a bad day. Maybe it's increase will be muted today because of the crazy percentages of this week, but with limited competition it is going to do some juicy holiday business.

I will be happy as long as it makes more than TS2 and whatever it adds on to it's gross from there on is big plus.