baumer

Thurs #s AM2 5.1, DOS 5.0/Don't act like you're not impressed

You trust whedon more? lol?I'm pretty sure The Avengers making 1.5B had nothing do with the director everyone knew would make a good movie.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!

Whedon was nothing more than the shlub director-for-hire, just like M. Night for After Earth.

Seeing as how Nolan's magnificent trilogy achieved a higher plateau in pop culture than anything MS has ever produced, I trust his work on a product far more than the guy who wrote Dollhouse and Alien: Resurrection.

The problems begin with a contemporary framing sequence involving a mopey teen (Charlie Rowe) in a hoodie whining about how dinosaurs are dumb and gross and he’d rather be listening to loud rock ’n’ roll music, chewing bubblegum, or thinking about girls, instead of going on some lame archeological dig with his Uncle Zack (Karl Urban). Then a bird voiced by John Leguizamo shows up and tells the gloomy punk a story designed to illustrate the glory of the prehistoric era and reignite the young man’s long-lost love for dinosaurs.

What in the holy shit?

Good to see Karl Urban is one step closer to becoming the megastar I want him to be

• Like 3