CJohn

Ice Age 5: Collision Course (July 22, 2016)

http://variety.com/2016/film/festivals/annecy-ice-age-collision-course-new-worlds-new-characters-new-colors-1201795901/

“Will there be another ‘Ice Age’?” an audience member asked at Annecy.

“We’ll wait and see if audiences wants more and, if they do, I have an idea,” said Forte.

:wub::wub::wub::wub:Please don't let this be the last one

35 minutes ago, thunder storm said:

Unless they bring the kid back from

the first movie, and call that supposed sixth film the actual final movie, just please let this franchise die.

Don't forget the Madagascar-franchise! ^_^ Let's not leave out Alex, Marty, Gloria & Melman.

They achieved something that none of the Ice Age-films could do......have a $200M+ DOM-grosser with Madagascar 3.

Also....speaking of which......maybe IA5 is finishing below Penguins of Madagascar's DOM-total. That one opened at $25M.

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Is this almost done already OS? Because if so that OS gross is just as pathetic as the DOM one by the franchise's standards. 

it has china and italy. IA4 did great in China but this could drop. I see it finish sub 450m WW for sure.

Edited by keysersoze123

Wonder if the 6th film will feature the one character from the first film? (The baby boy)

Maybe in the 6th film it could feature him as a grown up. He would probably have a family of his own (during the events of the last IA-films)....after all these years. So much good potential could be there for the future IA-sequels....just to play on the nostalgia for the first film.

And i think Bluesky will probably make sure to make a better Ice Age-sequel next time. The people at Bluesky would look at the reception of this film and say: "Oh, boy......that was pretty unfortunate for "Collision Course. Let's make the next one better this time.....without any bad stuff added in."

Maybe they'll learn their lessons from this film......and make the next one better. They can't go with any lower reception than IA5......they can't. It won't be possible.

• Like 1

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

They can do anything they want in the next movie, it doesn't matter, this franchise is dead, even if the next one ends being acclaimed (LMFAO), I doubt it will bring the public back, just look at KFP3. 

There isn't going to be a next one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

They can do anything they want in the next movie, it doesn't matter, this franchise is dead, even if the next one ends being acclaimed (LMFAO), I doubt it will bring the public back, just look at KFP3. 

KFP3 did not drop due to bad WOM. (In fact the WOM for KFP3 was very good). It's just the terrible OS-slots and tough competition that lead to it's drop. And the audience for KFP will still be around....cause they focus more on how to make the KFP-movies good and worth of quality.

Ice Age.....since i can see that it's on the way down......people want good animated franchises....like HTTYD, DM, Kung Fu Panda, Toy Story, etc.

Oh, and Illumination's Secret Life of Pets will start a new franchise for Universal.....that will be another one we should keep and eye on. Pets 2 is coming out 2018.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

What's up with the quick falldown. I mean the last 4 films grossed in the same (or almost) ballpark, and suddenly the new film came along and had a 60% drop from the last lol

Summer 2016 was just severely hit by audiences, dominantly, rejecting sequels or giving them sub-par returns.

Rejected: Alice2, Neighbors 2, ID:R, TMNT2, IA2

Sub-par: XM:A, KFP3, ST:B, JB

Dory, CA3, Conjuring, Purge are the sequel hit exceptions.

Not sure where Mechanic2 will settle as no budget is published but I'd wager unless it was made for $30m it's going to fall into the Rejected pile of summer sequels.