Godzilla

How to Train Your Dragon 2 OS (418 mil OS!!!)

From what I've observed, China is just plain unpredictable. These numbers are going to be purely rhetorical, but it could make $25m or it could make $100m - in most cases there seems to be absolutely no way to gauge how a given film might perform before it actually happens.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Screendaily:

DreamWorks Animation’s How To Train Your Dragon 2 flew delivered $24m to soar to $260.2m. with debuts still to come in China, Spain and Italy in August.

The family film opened in second place in Germany on $6.1m from 1,074 screens and top in Austria on $1m from 163. It opened in the non-fox market of South Korea on $7.4m from 828 screens.  

The UK drove a $1.6m holdover for $25.9m, while Venezuela generated a number one hold on $1.6m for $4.9m. Dragon 2 added $1.3m in France for $20.5m after four sessions.
Edited by Boxx93 of Winterfell
  • Like 1

It should make around $550 million.  Based on the numbers above, it added $33 million overseas over the past week, and still has China, Spain, Italy, and maybe Japan to come.

The first one, however, wasn't very huge in the markets left:Italy $7,505,879Japan $5,540,461Spain $12,458,930Total $25,505,270I think the sequel will increase at least in Spain and Italy, and with holdovers it should easily go past $500m. But I think it needs a breakout in China to get to $550m.
  • Like 1