kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Excellent number, although I'd be more excited if those numbers were from Rth rather than Nikki.

Still, if that 10 mil (or higher) number comes to pass that would be amazing, especially for its 36th day in release. :D

Fri

FRZ 10.3,DOS 9.7,AM2 6.9(cume 70.4),AH 6.2,WOWS 6.1,SMB 4.7,SLWK 4.4,47R 3.4,CF 3.3,TP 2.6,WWD 2.5,GM 2.1

• Like 1

I dont think we can compare with 2002 as that is eons ago. 

With the exception of Christmas being on a Thursday, I cant find a film that has decreased on the Friday after Christmas dating back all the way to 2002. This is unheard of.

• Like 1

If Frozen had a bigger fifth weekend than its second... geez. 330m+ seems possible now, making it the largest single run for an original animated film. 

If this plays through February can this get past DM2? Somehow? Box office gods, please let this happen? 

DM2 is going down. Same holds as Tangled will get it to 360M+ and it has held better so it has a strong shot at passing DM2 and maybe even FN's total. It's certainly is going to be biggest original animation ever, passing Nemo's 339M. Breath-takingly awesome performance so far.  :D  :huh:

• Like 2

Getting past DM2 seems a little too far but I definitely root for that. Go at it Frozen!

It's going to be around 300M after next weekend, making another 68M to pass DM2 is definitely possible. Tangled made another 30M after NY's weekend and right now Frozen is making nearly 6 times as much as Tangled. Lead over Tangled has ballooned to 91M and at the rate it's going 400M might now be out of the question but more realistic target would be 370M.  :D

• Like 2

Looking at it, Shrek 2's gross is really astonishing. 441M, without 3D, and in 2004 no less. Gonna be a while till we see another animated movie get pass that. Maybe a long while.

• Like 4

Wow. Just, wow. Frozen is unstoppable. I haven't enjoyed an animated film this much since Up. Its run has been nothing short of amazing. Even with taking a hit from more direct family competition, wom is crazy good and that plus Oscar buzz is going to give it great legs through February. Just amazing. Also, great number for CF. Could come close to $10 million this weekend with that number. :D

• Like 1