kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

It's important to note who is walking out, and that is the older males (all of them were older white males) and the ones I personally know were social conservatives.  The demographic is definitely strongest with the college/older high school crowd though, the thing to note though is it will keep getting people to come see it, especially with Oscar buzz. Normally I would say so many walkouts is toxic word of mouth, but I think it's just very divisive word of mouth (love or hate, no in between really).

maybe they left early to try out the butt candle scene at home. Makes sense.
  • Like 2

maybe they left early to try out the butt candle scene at home. Makes sense.

:rotfl:

But seriously, the walk outs were older (like 50s-70s) white men who made their point to everyone by making their leave very slwoly and trying to obtrude the vision of everybody else trying to watch.  I was about to say something to one of them who I swear was right next to the exit but when he got up walked around the theater just so he could walk in front of everybody as if he were being a noble man to walk out tall with his coat in his hand and ruining the experience for everybody else.

Truly amazing.

Just think, only 9 movies have ever managed to top 15 million in their 5th weekend and Frozen looks to more than double that.

If it wasn't for the christmas period this wouldn't of breached the top 10. So keep that in mind guys, still great though

It's quite funny to me that there's been reports of walkouts during Wolf. Just goes to show how prude America is in some respects. So there's a lot of nudity and drugs...the only people that give a fuck are uptight social conservatives who won't even exist in a couple decades. 

• Like 3

Oh and I see Finding Dory is now the movie that people think will topple the mighty Shrek 2. I think it will fail just like TS3, DM2, and all the other movies that were supposed to top it.

I really thought TS3 had the strongest chance and it didn't come close.

• Like 1

If it wasn't for the christmas period this wouldn't of breached the top 10. So keep that in mind guys, still great though

Don't understand the comment.

Is this the only movie to be released over the Christmas season for all these years?

Would it have all of a sudden become a lousy movie if released over summer?

I don't get all the attempts to justify why this movie is doing great outside of the fact that it is just a great movie.

• Like 6

No you can't the 5th weekends were after the holidays.

Their earlier holds were high because of the holidays making later holds be able to stay high, Frozen also had to go through the death week of the first weekend of December.

• Like 1