druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

I remember on the BOM forums people just adored Gran Torino. I was never really crazy about it.

Gran Torino is like Taken.

Film buffs and snobs find it generic but those kinds of films are just adored by the casual film crowd. It has simple messages and story. One is about old man teaches strength to a kid and the other is a father who goes all out to save his daughter. 

Its like how the Grey is so well liked here but had mediocre audience ratings all around. It is a very deep and philosophical film but not everyone's cup of tea.

Btw Taken easily over the Grey.

Lol I remember watching The Grey and we were all like in the end ...

"Liam Nesson is going to go all Taken on those Wolves, This is great!"

film ends.

"WTF is this stupid film."  :lol:

Anyways the hate on for Gran Torino just proves this place is more a rabbit hole :) 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Gran Torino is like Taken.

Film buffs and snobs find it generic but those kinds of films are just adored by the casual film crowd. It has simple messages and story. One is about old man teaches strength to a kid and the other is a father who goes all out to save his daughter. 

Its like how the Grey is so well liked here but had mediocre audience ratings all around. It is a very deep and philosophical film but not everyone's cup of tea.

Btw Taken easily over the Grey.

Lol I remember watching The Grey and we were all like in the end ...

"Liam Nesson is going to go all Taken on those Wolves, This is great!"

film ends.

"WTF is this stupid film."  :lol:

Anyways the hate on for Gran Torino just proves this place is more a rabbit hole :)

What I dislike about Grey is that the climax scene where he is about to take on the wolves is also the last scene in the trailer. They entice you in the trailer itself to come and watch Liam take on the wolves. So double fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWF4cepn8U

What I dislike about Grey is that the climax scene where he is about to take on the wolves is also the last scene in the trailer. They entice you in the trailer itself to come and watch Liam take on the wolves. So double fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRWF4cepn8U

The ending of that movie, along with the rest of that movie, is brilliance.