Neo

War For The Planet Of The Apes | July 14, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 18

5 hours ago, aabattery said:

Their thumbs still function, just not as easily as ours. Regardless, chimpanzees have been observed using spears in the past (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070222-chimps-spears.html).

It's not that unbelievable that some super-intelligent apes would be capable of wielding more complex weapons.

End of the day, this is a movie. The premise doesn't have to be completely airtight to be enjoyable.

Agreed, we can do this with any movie.    If someone has to reach for "opposable thumbs" to criticize this one, it must be pretty great.   It's something we have to google in order to discuss.   There might be one person in every crowd who knows anything about it....maybe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kaijukurt said:

I think they gave away a lot of stuff in the trailers, if I remember correctly. 

I closed my eyes whenever it was on. I started to consider listening to music as well so I can't hear the dialogue in trailers. 

• Like 3

Anyone getting hung up on how realistic the Apes universe is must fucking hate the likes of Spidey. 

"A spider bite isn't going to suddenly allow you to shoot spider webs out of your wrists, climb buildings or give you the ability to sense things before they happen! This is bullshit! 0/5 stars!" 

• Like 2

I like Rise a lot more than Dawn. Koba's great, apes look great. My fear for War is that, well, it will be even more aggressively solemn for 2+ hours that it will feel like 4+ hours. These movies are made with impeccable craft. Just found the last one very, very dull for all its action. I love how much the first made me care before ripping out my heart.

• Like 1