Neo

War For The Planet Of The Apes | July 14, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 18

Spoiler

One thing I have to say about War is that the stakes here aren't that high. There's not much of a "war". I'd say there was probably more action in the last movie. One thing they did here too, which was kinda cheeky, was have a shot that was pretty much for the trailer in order to make the movie bigger than what it was. 

They should've just called it "Battle on The Planet of The Apes". The "War" made it sound like I was about to watch a climatic battle where apes and humans have the ultimate showdown to claim planet earth as their own. They do not. 

I think all that money for the battle went into making these CG Apes look phenomenal.

also I respect Coca Cola for making sure they got their product placement in this. Whole logo and everything.

• Like 2

Most Optimistic Scenario Possible:

Weekend 1: $85.6M 

No. 2: $41.25M (-51.8%) 

No. 3: $21.8M (-47%)

No. 4: $11.1M (-49%)

No. 5: $6.66M (-40%)

Final Total: $245M

Foreign Gross: $548M

WW Total: $793M:ohmygod:

Edited by the beast
  • Like 1

Also the Fox logo for this is third best special studio logo change of the year after Lego Batman (DC: the house Batman built), and Spiderman.

Second best Fox logo after Ralph Wiggum crashed it in the simpsons movie.

Edited by AJG

I liked it, I guess. Story was solidly crafted and there are some real moving scenes. Felt it was slower paced than necessary and I don't think Bad Ape's comic relief worked very well. Could understand if it gets overshadowed by Dunkirk after this week

Just Got back from this movie. I liked it, but felt it was not nearly as good as the first two movies. Felt like things were way to convenient going into this movie, and a lot of stuff just doesn't make especially in regards to a reveal that happens in the 3rd act. It was buoyed by some truly sad moments, but the darkness of the movie really wore me down. Similar to the ending of Logan. Crowd was into for sure.

Id give it a B-. Think it is far behind the first two movies. Dawn is still probably my favorite.