Olive

Tuesday Numbers - WOWS 1.95M, Frozen 1.9M(300M!), DOS 1.57M,

Now you're making shit up, I didn't say you can't celebrate THG sequel increasing. What I said was it wasn't the first or the biggest franchise to have a sequel that increased. Get it?

Factually you are wrong. Adjusting is for us box office fanatics, Katniss owns the record, deal with it.

Back 10 years ago the only way to see a movie was pretty much in theaters. Now with technology you can come pretty close to the movie theater experience in your own home if you wait 6 months. That's why movies had longer legs and were more attended. Now there's many more high quality options, which is why movie attendance is lower. That's the point he's making.

Excuse me, I can't breathe.

• Like 5

Frozen has definitely gone from a kids film to a full blown all ages film.  If you look at all the other kids films, they all dropped, just like last year.  Frozen didn't.  So it is definitely not behaving like it should.  350 is toast, 400 is very probably imo.

• Like 9

Frozen has definitely gone from a kids film to a full blown all ages film.  If you look at all the other kids films, they all dropped, just like last year.  Frozen didn't.  So it is definitely not behaving like it should.  350 is toast, 400 is very probably imo.

I don't see 400 happening, just yet. But that would be amazing.

Just saw Saving Mr. Banks. Very good. It's right though that Hanks isn't getting play for Supporting Actor, he's solid but nothing too spectacular. Emma Thompson was brilliant as was Newman's score.

• Like 2

Back 10 years ago the only way to see a movie was pretty much in theaters. Now with technology you can come pretty close to the movie theater experience in your own home if you wait 6 months. That's why movies had longer legs and were more attended. Now there's many more high quality options, which is why movie attendance is lower. That's the point he's making.

That was only 2004.... 

I don't see 400 happening, just yet. But that would be amazing.

If anything,  landing near or topping Toy Story 2 adjusted would be great.

• Like 1

Ten years ago there were way more Blockbusters and places like that, and there were physical bootlegs of stuff still playing. The Passion of the Christ came out in 2004, and my granddad in his nineties had a copy of that in his house like three weeks after it had been released.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

Just saw Saving Mr. Banks. Very good. It's right though that Hanks isn't getting play for Supporting Actor, he's solid but nothing too spectacular. Emma Thompson was brilliant as was Newman's score.

Hanks was adequate, but there is always that one part in any film he does where he blows you away, even if it is only in one scene.  The father monologue he gives Emma Thompson was that moment in this film.  Simply awesome.