grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

So Frozen should beat DM2. But I dont see it making 400M unless it has another crazy hold after MLK weekend. But it should come close. 

OS it seems to fall off the cliff post holidays.. So it really needs china/japan to hop on to the hype train for it to beat DM2 WW. I am not sure a musical will click with Chinese audience but it should do well in Japan.

It looks like Frozen could hit 900 if it does relatively well in China and Japan.

• Like 1

i tried to watch frozen last night ,ff a bit  and ran when little girl started singing by her sister door after they took magic away or smtg 

took it off and was like nope no no no no ....

maybe i was too tired , i'd have to wait and see if i'm in a good mood to hear an animation with songs in it

is there like a lot of songs in it?

i got the screener for my nephews and niece 

anyhoo it looks good otherwise from the 5mn i saw ....

The songs are primarily concentrated in the first half of the movie. Frozen heart, do you want to build a snowman, love is an open door as well as let it go are pretty much happening back to back. Here the movie really is as close to a stage musical as it can get. The second half of the movie only has in summer, the reprise to for the first time in forever (which makes for a pretty neat moment) and fixer upper. In the end if musicals arent for you Frozen might be a bit hard to watch since a large part of it is conveyed via song...

So will Frozen be at about 335 after next weekend?

Assuming the 14 mil estimate for this weekend is close, it should be over 335 after next weekend.

302.6 heading into this weekend, +14 is 316.6. Last week mon-thurs was 5.9m, so around 4 mil this week has it around 320.6.

15 m for MLK weekend seems where most expectations are at so we have 335.6. A 334-336 range seems very likely.

• Like 2

I neglected to note that my 1:50 show of Her yesterday was absolutely packed. The entire back section of the 200-seat auditorium (a stadium screener) was extremely full. I live near a big university, though, so it's probably the kind of movie that plays better in big cities and the coasts.

i tried to watch frozen last night ,ff a bit  and ran when little girl started singing by her sister door after they took magic away or smtg took it off and was like nope no no no no .... maybe i was too tired , i'd have to wait and see if i'm in a good mood to hear an animation with songs in it is there like a lot of songs in it? i got the screener for my nephews and niece anyhoo it looks good otherwise from the 5mn i saw ....

I'm with you, I can't stand musicals.

LEGEND OF HERCULES: $8.6 million debut. 49% 3D, B- Cinema Score, 57% male, 55% over 25 years old.

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice7m

HER took in an estimated $5.41M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $8.81M. #Her

THIS IS WHY ALIENS WON'T TALK TO US

• Like 11

I was thinking there was a chance for that movie to be the first 100m domestic of 2014, but Lone Survivor will now probably take that title.  I think the movie looks interesting as well  :) .  I would think in the 25-35 range for OW

Lone Survivor counts as a 2013 release  ;) that'd be like saying Gran Torino or The Bucket List were 2009/2008 releases respectively. 

Ride Along or LEGO Movie will be the first 100m grossers

So Hercules has a higher cinemascore than Wolf.....

CS is a joke anyway. Remember it's only polled in 5 theaters so noway to gauge WOM from such a small sample size. WOM clearly is great for WOWS so that C- is looking like a joke.