grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

:lol: have fun

I will! This will be my second real show, the first one was a couple of years ago and wasn't very full. I've since shown it a couple times a year to the kids at work, but we never have THAT many come. This is a sold out show at a Drafthouse, it's gonna be great.
  • Like 3

Great status on FB:I know comic con was this weekend. Trust me I love the heck out of superheroes BUT after watching Lone Survivor just now I am reminded of who the real live heroes are. I have so much love and respect for ALL men and women who sacrifice their lives for our country.Wish Hollywood would get this message...

• Like 1

Great status on FB:I know comic con was this weekend. Trust me I love the heck out of superheroes BUT after watching Lone Survivor just now I am reminded of who the real live heroes are. I have so much love and respect for ALL men and women who sacrifice their lives for our country.Wish Hollywood would get this message...

Umm.. I don't think loving superheroes really diminishes the love and respect for people in service. But we can't have war related blockbusters on a regular basis as superhero films because that hits TOO CLOSE TO HOME. That's why the biggest hits are movies that provide escapism but are also parallels to the real world (the theme in The Hunger Games of unnecessarily straddling our youth with weapons and making them go and kill youth from other regions/or get killed in the process, Tony Stark disavowing weapon production after his harrowing experience in Afghanistan etc.)

And besides, there are many folks in the armed forces who LOVE superheroes (and I am sure there are some who will even say they were inspired to join the forces by their favorite superheroes), so fictional superheroes serve their purpose in their own special way too. 

• Like 6

I did not mean that it that way-I meant I wish Hollywood would respect soldiers more.

(I love superhero films also)

But they do right? Steve Rogers is considered to be the ideal superhero and all HE ever wanted was to serve his country. Tony is the wisecracking, irreverent capitalist but his foil is the honest to goodness Captain Rhodey, Katniss Everdeen is the most sincere soldier and inspiration to ever walk among the people of her world etc. etc. If you actually go to see, almost all of our major movie protagonists are self-sacrificing reflections of real-life soldiers. That is the greatest compliment the "entertainment" world and society in general could give to any one set of individuals. 

• Like 3