grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

Wahlberg is the man. He can be a great actor when given the right material and right director.

He's honestly the only actor I can't separate his real life with his characters. He's a huge douchebag to say the least

• Like 4

He's honestly the only actor I can't separate his real life with his characters. He's a huge douchebag to say the least

I have the same issue. Very rare that I have this problem (Roman Polanski is probably the other...Sean Penn too), but knowing that Mark Wahlberg beat a guy to the point of causing him to be blind, and not even apologizing for it or compensating the man for it is disturbing to say the least. He also made some very disparaging remarks about the Vietnamese population during the beatdown...not cool Mark.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

I have the same issue. Very rare that I have this problem (Roman Polanski is probably the other...Sean Penn too), but knowing that Mark Wahlberg beat a guy to the point of causing him to be blind, and not even apologizing for it or compensating the man for it is disturbing to say the least. He also made some very disparaging remarks about the Vietnamese population during the beatdown...not cool Mark.

I liked this because I totally agree. Wahlberg is just... gah

• Like 1

He beat somebody up? He's so short though.

He beat somebody up? He's so short though.

To be frank, I bet the guy he beat up wasn't very tall either. Average Vietnamese height is not that tall especially if he immigrated from Vietnam. I'm 5'9 and considered very tall for a Vietnamese person.

To be frank, I bet the guy he beat up wasn't very tall either. Average Vietnamese height is not that tall especially if he immigrated from Vietnam. I'm 5'9 and considered very tall for a Vietnamese person.

Who did he beat up and why did he even do that? ugh

Who did he beat up and why did he even do that? ugh

Just two random Vietnamese people when he was a teenager, probably some other people as well, but he got convicted specifically for that assault (attempted murder actually). If I had to guess, it was probably racially motivated given the racial epithets that he had shouted out during the crime. He was a teen back then, didn't necessarily know better, but it was more the fact that he has made no attempts to make amends with his victims that doesn't sit well with me. He feels guilt, that's nice, but I just feel he never righted the wrong. His reasoning was that he made up for it in other ways and forgave himself. Which I find cowardly.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

With my mom, no problem. But with dad, impossible. I watched Departed on TV with him, and he switched the channel and yelled at the screen when Jack Nicholson brought out his dildo.

See it's opposite for me. My dad might say the language is a bit much in a film like the Departed or WoWS, but mom would be a no go. Though, she did love the Sopranos

Just two random Vietnamese people when he was a teenager, probably some other people as well, but he got convicted specifically for that assault (attempted murder actually). If I had to guess, it was probably racially motivated given the racial epithets that he had shouted out during the crime. He was a teen back then, didn't necessarily know better, but it was more the fact that he has made no attempts to make amends with his victims that doesn't sit well with me. He feels guilt, that's nice, but I just feel he never righted the wrong. His reasoning was that he made up for it in other ways and forgave himself. Which I find cowardly.

Wow. I never knew that.