grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

Couple of things with this weekend's box office.LS above expectations- 38mFrozen -23% from last weekend. Wasn't somebody adamant about a 65% drop this weekend?American Hustle- Crosses 100m. Kudos!Wolf after a shaky start is holding nicely.Mr. Banks after a slow start is doing quite well. -24% is a fantastic drop.Another 4+ million for CF. This movie just keeps on going on and on even in the face of theater loss. Just like THG1. All in all a nice weekend.

He who must not be named :P
  • Like 1

I would like to invite everyone to join the Golden Globes Ceremony discussion thread during the night to talk about the winners and losers.

Link: http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/13541-71st-golden-globes-ceremony-thread-tonight/page-3#entry1215588

It all begins in 1 hour.

Thanks. Will join in later on this evening.

I have Upstream Color for Picture, Director, Actress, original Screenplay, and Score.  :stirthepot:

I only have it in director and score, cinematography atm. Really wanted to include Amy Seimetz but category just too much.

Edited by CoolioD1

I keep wondering every year why the Academy, which loves media coverage and attention, stick to the outdated 5am announcement of Oscar nominees.

I would have imagined making it a huge TV event, a one hour special with famous guests who run down the top contenders for that year for the first 50 minutes followed by the announcement of nominees for the last 10 minutes. They could air it in prime time as well.

Probably so it'll be the first thing that people wake-up to on the East Coast at like 8am or it'll happen as they commute to work. Maximum coverage I suppose. 

You guys have fun with your Golden Globes.  I'm on my way to watch The Room with Greg Sestero!

Nice, I want to do a Room midnight screening sometime. Closest I have got is when I watched Despicable Me 2 with Tommy Wiseau in the same theater.

Did you read is book about the making of the Room? It's pretty cool, and chances are, he may push it. 

I read that book. Really really funny book, but Greg Sestero comes off like a jerk in it, he constantly distances himself from The Room and Tommy so much that you feel sorry for Tommy Wiseau.