grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

I keep wondering every year why the Academy, which loves media coverage and attention, stick to the outdated 5am announcement of Oscar nominees.

I would have imagined making it a huge TV event, a one hour special with famous guests who run down the top contenders for that year for the first 50 minutes followed by the announcement of nominees for the last 10 minutes. They could air it in prime time as well.

• Like 4

when does the academy ever do as any normal group would?

i saw there's a 12YAS screener , so tempted but i'm going to hold off till next weekend if by then its not coming to my theatre to hell with them and per site it doesnt look like it , i'm so mad! 

I keep wondering every year why the Academy, which loves media coverage and attention, stick to the outdated 5am announcement of Oscar nominees.

I would have imagined making it a huge TV event, a one hour special with famous guests who run down the top contenders for that year for the first 50 minutes followed by the announcement of nominees for the last 10 minutes. They could air it in prime time as well.

They probably have a budget that doesn't include all of that extra stuff. Their income is from membership and what else? I'm curious to find out.

I hope they don't change it. Here in the UK they announce round 1:30pm so I get to have my lunch while watching the nominations. It's cool.

I can hope.

I won't send my ballot in until the last day but right now he's on mine for Director and Original Screenplay.

But I can imagine the WTFs thrown around by over half the forum if something like him sneaking a win happened.

So Hobbit is at 240 mill.  What will it end with realistically?  265?

Yeah, that's probably not a bad guess. From this point on, AUJ added about 25 million, but DoS is running behind it, day-to-day. 260-265 is probably about right.