Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

But that was my whole point. Film is more than a screenplay or a story.....the fact that gravity is so engaging despite a weak plot speaks volumes about how well crafted this film was.

12Years A Slave is engaging with a strong plot so advantage 12 years a slave anyway.

• Like 1

Thoughts:Better then usual. Jared Leto and Blanchett's speeches were a little over long though. Matt's speech was not that bad, and I enjoyed directors.And my theory continues that a low grossing film has to win every other year! (I thought the girl from 12 Years was a lot younger at first)

A lot of people seemed to be MIA. Nice to see for once they didn't go political. I did really good at predicting the winners as well.

• Like 1

Posted Image

Great post, Kal.

Thank you Dash buddy.. Folks dont realize how shocking and cool that 12 yrs won, despite its flaws.. This also is good for everyone that wants to see the Great Wall of China story told, more slavery stories, native americans and other natives.

And all those great stories that often cant find financing.. In fact I think Brad pitt put some of his own money to make 12 yrs of Slave and worked hard with its director and his peers to get this film produced.

Kudoos bigtime to Pitt and Angelina and  Mcqueen and Team!!

• Like 2

12Years A Slave is engaging with a strong plot so advantage 12 years a slave anyway.

Yep take away the 3D and you have a lack luster film as a product...Unlike films like Avatar, you cant enjoy Gravity as much without seeing it on the big screen. Hence why so many say this film sucks on HV and wondering what all the hooplah is about.  The 3D version is certainly mesmorizing, but in character development and story and engaging without the 3D element it suffers greatly.

Yep take away the 3D and you have a lack luster film as a product...Unlike films like Avatar, you cant enjoy Gravity as much without seeing it on the big screen. Hence why so many say this film sucks on HV and wondering what all the hooplah is about.  The 3D version is certainly mesmorizing, but in character development and story and engaging without the 3D element it suffers greatly.

I'm not hearing much of this, honestly. Sure, people say it was mindblowing to see it in IMAX, but it's not like people are suddenly hating on it.

• Like 1