Jump to content
Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

Recommended Posts

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 6:33 AM, Burgess said:

I think it's a given that the Chine publicity tours for most Western movies will be scrapped since who knows when the theaters in CHina will reopen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2020 at 8:48 AM, aladdino said:

anyone knows why skyfall had no videoclip?

 

 

Adele hates doing music videos, and to begin with she's probably the least visual major recording of the 21st Century thus far. To put her apathy towards the medium in to perspective she has released 17 singles but has only filmed 8 music videos.

 

The instrumentation in Billie's new Bond theme is fine but there is absolutely no melody, and as with all her songs it is impossible to get past the fact that it is "sung" by a "singer" who literally cannot project a solitary music note.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think it's a given that the Chine publicity tours for most Western movies will be scrapped since who knows when the theaters in CHina will reopen.

I don't think losing the Chinese market should affect No Time to Die too much at the box office.

 

Skyfall only grossed $59.3 million in China (so it still would've hit the $1 billion mark if it hadn't been released there), and Spectre only got to $83.5 million in China (less than 10% of the film's total box office).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think losing the Chinese market should affect No Time to Die too much at the box office.
 
Skyfall only grossed $59.3 million in China (so it still would've hit the $1 billion mark if it hadn't been released there), and Spectre only got to $83.5 million in China (less than 10% of the film's total box office).


I agree with this. Don’t get me wrong, the Chinese gross is nothing to sneeze at but, like you stated, it’s a much smaller total of Bond’s worldwide gross compared to other franchises.

I also think NTTD will perform significantly better than Spectre in key regions, like the US, UK and Western Europe. That paired with a strong USD (exchange rate), should push this past Spectre. It may not make $1.1b+ but a gross similar to TDK or TDKR, with different ratios, is entirely possible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

The hook is “the 25th film will change everything”

That is weak on any number of levels.

 

Highlighting this as the 25th film makes this one seem less special, not more special. Now it's just another number.

 

It also implies that little has ever changed in the preceding Bond films, which is absurd. Also, SPECTRE "changed everything" when it haphazardly tried to link the prior Craig films.

 

So is this implying that the plot of this final Daniel Craig film will retroactively affect every single Bond film prior to Craig? Will this be affecting whatever actor plays the part next? I'm not sure how that's possible, unless they bring in a new actor and want to pretend it still Craig's Bond somehow.

 

It's just a weak and generic marketing hook. Should have been something conclusive. God bless Universal's inept marketing department.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

That is weak on any number of levels.

 

Highlighting this as the 25th film makes this one seem less special, not more special. Now it's just another number.

 

It also implies that little has ever changed in the preceding Bond films, which is absurd. Also, SPECTRE "changed everything" when it haphazardly tried to link the prior Craig films.

 

So is this implying that the plot of this final Daniel Craig film will retroactively affect every single Bond film prior to Craig? Will this be affecting whatever actor plays the part next? I'm not sure how that's possible, unless they bring in a new actor and want to pretend it still Craig's Bond somehow.

 

It's just a weak and generic marketing hook. Should have been something conclusive. God bless EON's inept marketing department.

 

Fixed - remember the Broccolis are calling the shots here...and yeah for whatever reason they really don't want to make a big deal out of this being Craig's Endgame moment.

 

Anyway, from the IMAX earnings call just now - the film will be released "a few days early" in IMAX cinemas. presumably meaning domestically here as international release is so early anyway (world premiere Mar 31, UK release April 2)

Edited by antovolk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fixed - remember the Broccolis are calling the shots here...and yeah for whatever reason they really don't want to make a big deal out of this being Craig's Endgame moment.
 
Anyway, from the IMAX earnings call just now - the film will be released "a few days early" in IMAX cinemas. presumably meaning domestically here as international release is so early anyway (world premiere Mar 31, UK release April 2)


Interesting. I think the same strategy was used for Skyfall. If I remember correctly, Skyfall’s opening in the States when early IMAX showing were included was something closer to $90m.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are handling the domestic marketing?
 
Because that long, genetically edited, spoiler filled trailer screams “Universal”, and not just because their logo is on the front.


I think what he meant is that nothing gets released without the Broccolis giving the sign off. They may not have put it together and they may not be the only say but if it’s a ‘no’ from them then it’s most likely going to be a no.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

They are handling the domestic marketing?

 

Because that long, genetically edited, spoiler filled trailer screams “Universal”, and not just because their logo is on the front.

All of it. They even talk about it in one of the more recent books on the franchise, they commission the agencies, do the briefs and essentially most of the work incl. the creative side - MGM/Universal would just provide the infrastructure to launch the stuff and sign off.

 

Look back at the Spectre trailer...very very similar

 

Edited by antovolk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I’m beginning to doubt we are getting another trailer, given the global rollout is in 6 weeks. Not that this needs another trailer, first one did it’s job, and the recent TV spots are engaging and have been strategically televised.

The final Spectre trailer came around three weeks before UK release. I'm guessing along with tickets on sale (confirmed for UK to be on March 2).

 

"No Time To Die opens wide April 10, with early access IMAX screenings starting the morning of April 9."

https://www.broadwayworld.com/amp/c.php?url=IMAX-Reveals-Exclusive-NO-TIME-TO-DIE-Artwork-20200220

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, antovolk said:

The final Spectre trailer came around three weeks before UK release. I'm guessing along with tickets on sale (confirmed for UK to be on March 2).

 

"No Time To Die opens wide April 10, with early access IMAX screenings starting the morning of April 9."

https://www.broadwayworld.com/amp/c.php?url=IMAX-Reveals-Exclusive-NO-TIME-TO-DIE-Artwork-20200220

 

What you are referring to is a 1:15 minute promo, which I would equate to Endgame's 1 minute special look.

 

The second and final full trailer for SPECTRE, which is the one you shared, came four months before release. The teaser trailer was about 7 months from release.

 

As you mentioned, the first trailer for NTTD has a lot in common structurally with that second trailer for SPECTRE. That's why I don't believe another trailer is on the way. And no, I don't count 1 minute previews as trailers. If you want to, by all means.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

What you are referring to is a 1:15 minute promo, which I would equate to Endgame's 1 minute special look.

 

The second and final full trailer for SPECTRE, which is the one you shared, came four months before release. The teaser trailer was about 7 months from release.

 

As you mentioned, the first trailer for NTTD has a lot in common structurally with that second trailer for SPECTRE. That's why I don't believe another trailer is on the way. And no, I don't count 1 minute previews as trailers. If you want to, by all means.

...that trailer showed in cinemas globally attached to THE WALK so...yes it absolutely counts.

 

I'll be shocked if there isn't a second theatrical trailer on the way, no matter how long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.