Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

51 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Did you know that the type of (broken) mask that he wears on the ice, the one in blonde girl’s box, is a piece of Japanese culture known as a “Noh Mask”?

I'm aware. 

I'd just prefer that these are just winks/nods to Dr. No, and that Safin is ultimately a new character.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 3:57 PM, 35MM-18 said:

I'm aware. 

I'd just prefer that these are just winks/nods to Dr. No, and that Safin is ultimately a new character.

Yeah, I don';t think Safin is going to be a Dr. No Clone. They went that route with Quantum being Spectre in everything but name, but dropped it when they finally got the complete rights to Thunderball, and could use Spectre.

• Like 1

This is definitely the least excited for a Bond film I've ever been, but that's ok. Having zero expectations for a movie before going in is probably the healthiest way to consume it. All I ask is that it doesn't get bogged down in bullshit and tells a simple story. The set pieces can be as wacky as they like, just keep the bits in between them coherent. 

12 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

Who are the last three guys in those character posters? 

The guy with the moustache, turtleneck and glasses is Valdo Obruchev (the kidnapped scientist Felix is looking for; hence why he goes to Bond).

The young-looking guy is a CIA agent called Logan Ash (played by Billy Magnussen).

And the guy in the tactical gear is Primo, who might be the main henchman for the film.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ninenin said:

This looks great, James Bond is such a strange franchise, they can't ever seem to make 2 good films in a row, there's always a stinker inbetween

They did 3 good films in a row back in the '60s, thank you very much!

(Dr. No -> From Russia With Love -> Goldfinger)

That said, you do have a point: consistent quality is not something this franchise is known for, Craig's tenure especially. Hopefully his successor will have a better good-film-to-bad-film ratio.

11 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

That said, you do have a point: consistent quality is not something this franchise is known for, Craig's tenure especially. Hopefully his successor will have a better good-film-to-bad-film ratio.

Yeah I was only talking recently, im too young for those younger Bonds. 

This looks great, James Bond is such a strange franchise, they can't ever seem to make 2 good films in a row, there's always a stinker inbetween

Dr No., From Russia With Love and Goldfinger.

Also, I’d say the first six Bond films are are fantastic, iconic and near masterpieces of big blockbuster cinema.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

History has a way of realigning these things. OHMSS, FYEO, LTK and QOS have all been reassessed favorably. OHMSS is now a classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ninenin said:

I think they managed to do it early on with "From Russia With Love" "Goldfinger" and "Thunderball" in a row.

But yeah, inconsistency recently has been a 007 Trademark.