CJohn

SCREEN ACTORS GUILD AWARDS | AMERICAN HUSTLE Wins Best Cast!

Gravity's winning tomorrow, I'm liike 99% sure of that. Cuaron will probably pick up the DGA as well. I see 12 Years winning the BAFTAs and we'll probably have a real 3 horse race this time going into the Oscars. I'm actually thinking Gravity is winning. It'll probably pick up Editing and Cinematography, but on the otherhand it doesn't have screenplay or any possible acting wins. So yeah.....

What's tomorrow? And what's the third horse? Edited by lab276

• Founder / Operator

I can't see what on earth the Academy is waiting for from Leo that they wouldn't be ready to give it to him but can hand it to any other actor who gives maybe one great performance in an otherwise mediocre career. Mathew M made Fool's Gold for heavens sake - 2 wasted hours I'll never get back!

Same thing they waited on Scorsese for, I guess. (And are currently waiting for from Nolan.)

Whatever that may be.

• Like 1

had no idea this was on tonight , i was busy watching BLUE JASMINE screener!

cate blanchett is perfect , jasmine is such a complex character , i now understand what she said about her character in an interview i saw 

a rare breed of actress part of a restricted circle among whom queen meryl and emma thompson !

have to say woody allen has a knack for casting , its like he writes the roles and sees already who will be perfect for it !

another movie that bumps AH down down down the stream 

i see AH won best ensemble well in all honesty its the only redeemable thing in that soufflé of a movie !

happy for matthew, lupita who looks flawless , jared leto rock star (groupies must be over the moon)

I like DiCaprio a lot, but with the possible exception of Wolf I still haven't seen a performance by him that made me question why he hasn't won an Oscar yet. He's been guilty of giving into the whole shouting = drama style of acting in the past, though thankfully he seems to have moved away from that.

But his choice of movies is great. At this rate it's 'when', not 'if' he'll win an Oscar.

Yeah, if we could transfer everyone's outrage about DiCaprio never having an Oscar to someone who probably deserves it more, like, I don't know, Gary Oldman, that would be great.

Anyway, TOTALLY didn't know these were on last night. Thought they were tonight. Predictable winners anyway.

Decent winners. My top 5 btw:BEST ACTORJoaquin Phoenix - HerAli Mossafa - The PastMatthew McConaughey - Dallas Buyers ClubOscar Isaac - Inside Llewyn DavisLeonardo Dicaprio - The Wolf of Wall StreetBEST ACTRESSJulie Delpy - Before MidnightBerrnice Bejo - The PastCate Blanchett - Blue JasmineAdele Exarchopoulos - Blue Is The Warmest ColorEmma Thompson - Saving Mr. Banks