Goffe

The Avengers vs Spider-Man 2

Which is Better?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which is Better?

I feel very strongly about Spider-Man 2 and voted for that. I enjoyed the Avengers a lot, but Spidey 2 is one of my favorite comic book films of all time. I'm talking top 3 here.

Train sequence is still best action scene in a comic book of all time. Everything Peter goes through leading up to that moment pays off in spades there.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

I feel very strongly about Spider-Man 2 and voted for that. I enjoyed the Avengers a lot, but Spidey 2 is one of my favorite comic book films of all time. I'm talking top 3 here.

Train sequence is still best action scene in a comic book of all time. Everything Peter goes through leading up to that moment pays off in spades there.

Amen Mr. Pink that film is an equal in quality to the reality that made TDK another great comic film.

THey brought something extra to the table. Some of my favorite moments in the film are the legendary Train sequence..

And when he realizes he must end it with MJ

"" I ...Ii...Spiderman will always have enemies!" " I...I will always be Spiderman"  " You and I can never be!"

Avengers is incredible, but lets face it doesnt have the heart, the grandnure, the drama and romance perfect merger that makes Spiderman 2 legendary and unforgettable.

Still give Avengers  a 9.7 though.

Spider-man 2.

One of the best superhero movie ever made. I had a ball enjoying the ride from frame 1 to the end, each scene hit the nail bullseye for me. I was totally compelled by Raimi's perfect comic-booky tone and handling of the material switching effortlessly between comedy (Jameson is a riot), drama (Harry's grudge, Octopus schizophrenia sparkling from his great intelligence and hubris embodied by his mechanical tentacles), lovey dovey stuff, dazzling action (the thrilling train scene is classic Spidey coming alive) with hilarious nods to his filmography (Campbell's cameo, hospital scene looking like an Evil Dead set piece) like a maestro until the final reveal and bittersweet epilogue.

I fucking love Elfman's theme. It's elating and goosebumps inducing. (From 3'03 onwards defines the word "Epic").

Avengers is not even in the same ballpark and, dare I say, weak in comparison.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 4

oh man this is close. I always put Avengers as my favourite marvel movie but spiderman 2 was one of the best experiences i had. 

i'll give it to Avengers just by 1%. Raimis trilogy...though i really like em they are not aging too well imo. Looking very cheesy. Even though i consider Spiderman 2 to be a near masterpiece from a CBM perspective.

• Like 1