Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

LIST ALERT!!! LIST ALERT!!!!Fincher films1. Fight Club A+2. Se7en. A3. Zodiac. A4. Social Network. A5. Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. A-6. Benjamin Button. B+7. The Game. B+8. Panic Room. B9. Alien 3. C+

1. Social Network-5/52. Seven-5/53. Zodiac-4.5/54. Girl With a Dragon Tatoo5. Panic Room-4/56. Fight Club-4/57. Benjamin Button-4/58. The Game-3/59. Alien 3-3/5

That Awkward Moment - R rated rom/com (Zac Efron) 2800 screens

Labor Day - PG-13 rated Drama (Josh Brolin, Kate Winslet) 2500 screens

I'm actually shocked at the theater count for both, but especially TAM. I would have guessed 2000-2200 each for them, at best.

Labor Day is gonna tank hard, surprised it will get that much screens I thought it will be like Oldboy last time.

Speaking of busted Oscar movies, looks like The Book Thief's box office run is pretty much done. Looks expensive to just earn $20M

Edited by forg

Labor Day is gonna tank hard, surprised it will get that much screens I thought it will be like Oldboy last time.

Speaking of busted Oscar movies, looks like The Book Thief's box office run is pretty much done. Looks expensive to just earn $20M

My parents went to see The Book Thief and told me it was quite good.

Time for me to post something weird but true (and I have no idea whatever thread to post it in, so I'll do it here.) I've had an emotional day (in a good way) and I've had a few epiphanies. I wanted to share this one, because I think some people here should be able to relate.

Last summer, I had my first relationship that I was kinda pressured into. Basically, it was a friend who I didn't know liked me, and I dated her because most of our friends wanted us to get together. I thought I liked her but I honestly don't think I ever did. My point is... this summer, I saw movies with that girl all that time, and now I don't. And the relationship ended badly, and the girl didn't start talking to me again until December. Nowadays, I just go see movies with guy friends or in groups.

ANYWAY, my point is... when I saw Frozen in November, I started to think again about love. I know it's cheesy, but the movie really made start thinking about relationships again. Not really if I wanted one or not, but just about how nice the idea of love is. And after I saw the movie, I started crushing on a new girl, a girl who I've been friends with for about a year and who I think is totally out of my league. Usually, I'd think, hey, the last relationship was awful; you should wait until college before looking at another relationship. And I was gonna leave it like that.

However, last Sunday, I saw Her, and it really did get me thinking. Obviously, I'm in high school and I haven't experienced everything I have in life, but I started thinking about like how Theo worried he experienced all he was ever going to in life. And I also thought about how his relationship with Samantha was so real despite it being with an OS. And then on Thursday I had an argument with that girl, but the next day, we patched it up, and today, I went to this thing for Speech. And some heartfelt exchanges were made throughout the whole team, and that girl was there. And I'm starting to get the feeling she really likes me too. I know it sounds cheesy, but I feel like both Her and Frozen have prepared me for a possible relationship.

I know this entire post is fucking weird and out of place in a numbers thread, but whatever. I needed to write out my feelings somewhere, and I feel like I've gotten legitimate (online) friends here over the last year who might be interested.

And I know it's a little bit crazy, to dream I'd find romance... but for the first time in forever, I think I've got a chance.

• Like 11

Time for me to post something weird but true (and I have no idea whatever thread to post it in, so I'll do it here.) I've had an emotional day (in a good way) and I've had a few epiphanies. I wanted to share this one, because I think some people here should be able to relate.Last summer, I had my first relationship that I was kinda pressured into. Basically, it was a friend who I didn't know liked me, and I dated her because most of our friends wanted us to get together. I thought I liked her but I honestly don't think I ever did. My point is... this summer, I saw movies with that girl all that time, and now I don't. And the relationship ended badly, and the girl didn't start talking to me again until December. Nowadays, I just go see movies with guy friends or in groups.ANYWAY, my point is... when I saw Frozen in November, I started to think again about love. I know it's cheesy, but the movie really made start thinking about relationships again. Not really if I wanted one or not, but just about how nice the idea of love is. And after I saw the movie, I started crushing on a new girl, a girl who I've been friends with for about a year and who I think is totally out of my league. Usually, I'd think, hey, the last relationship was awful; you should wait until college before looking at another relationship. And I was gonna leave it like that.However, last Sunday, I saw Her, and it really did get me thinking. Obviously, I'm in high school and I haven't experienced everything I have in life, but I started thinking about like how Theo worried he experienced all he was ever going to in life. And I also thought about how his relationship with Samantha was so real despite it being with an OS. And then on Thursday I had an argument with that girl, but the next day, we patched it up, and today, I went to this thing for Speech. And some heartfelt exchanges were made throughout the whole team, and that girl was there. And I'm starting to get the feeling she really likes me too. I know it sounds cheesy, but I feel like both Her and Frozen have prepared me for a possible relationship.I know this entire post is fucking weird and out of place in a numbers thread, but whatever. I needed to write out my feelings somewhere, and I feel like I've gotten legitimate (online) friends here over the last year who might be interested.And I know it's a little bit crazy, to dream I'd find romance... but for the first time in forever, I think I've got a chance.

Really great personal story there, Blank!I hope everything will work out for you in the relationship and romantic experience that you're hoping for.And it's pretty awesome how you can relate your personal experience to and be inspired by the movies you love. That's so fitting for you, being a movies fan and all. Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Time for me to post something weird but true (and I have no idea whatever thread to post it in, so I'll do it here.) I've had an emotional day (in a good way) and I've had a few epiphanies. I wanted to share this one, because I think some people here should be able to relate.

Last summer, I had my first relationship that I was kinda pressured into. Basically, it was a friend who I didn't know liked me, and I dated her because most of our friends wanted us to get together. I thought I liked her but I honestly don't think I ever did. My point is... this summer, I saw movies with that girl all that time, and now I don't. And the relationship ended badly, and the girl didn't start talking to me again until December. Nowadays, I just go see movies with guy friends or in groups.

ANYWAY, my point is... when I saw Frozen in November, I started to think again about love. I know it's cheesy, but the movie really made start thinking about relationships again. Not really if I wanted one or not, but just about how nice the idea of love is. And after I saw the movie, I started crushing on a new girl, a girl who I've been friends with for about a year and who I think is totally out of my league. Usually, I'd think, hey, the last relationship was awful; you should wait until college before looking at another relationship. And I was gonna leave it like that.

However, last Sunday, I saw Her, and it really did get me thinking. Obviously, I'm in high school and I haven't experienced everything I have in life, but I started thinking about like how Theo worried he experienced all he was ever going to in life. And I also thought about how his relationship with Samantha was so real despite it being with an OS. And then on Thursday I had an argument with that girl, but the next day, we patched it up, and today, I went to this thing for Speech. And some heartfelt exchanges were made throughout the whole team, and that girl was there. And I'm starting to get the feeling she really likes me too. I know it sounds cheesy, but I feel like both Her and Frozen have prepared me for a possible relationship.

I know this entire post is fucking weird and out of place in a numbers thread, but whatever. I needed to write out my feelings somewhere, and I feel like I've gotten legitimate (online) friends here over the last year who might be interested.

And I know it's a little bit crazy, to dream I'd find romance... but for the first time in forever, I think I've got a chance.

That's an amazing story. One I can totally relate to. 500 Days of Summer and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind were the films that REALLY got me thinking about love, relationships and life. Scott Pilgrim too but that inspired me to have a relationship with a girl with a LOT of "baggage" and her own set of "evil" ex-boyfriends, and it was only after knowing her that I realized the reason (somewhat) for the behavior of her exes. I wonder if I am another one of her evil exes now. :P

Really need to see Her too. I'm sure I'm going to love it! And Frozen is always alarming in how multi-faceted and subversive it really is. I wish I had heard the sentence "We're not going saying you can change him/her because people don't really change!" put that simply and effectively much before now. 

Best of luck on your prospective romance!

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1