Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

More, more, more. It is never enough. Didn't you saw The Wolf of Wall Street ;) ?

I don't need to see the Wolf of Wall Street to know that people are greedy. That's not a new concept. Gordon Gekko said it better anyway, lol.

Damn how perfect would it have been if Devil's Due dropped 66.6% (the actual was 66.9) 

Another awesome drop for Frozen, lowest of the top 10 and should be one of the ones to least suffer from SB Sunday right? 

Edited by Dan9

Frozen's relatively subdued IM is a testament to just how far its audience is reaching outside of kids and families. Even at my university, I've seen more students talk about Frozen than any other movie this year. I think that's pretty awesome.

• Like 3

Oh wow, I got my ticket to Jack Ryan 15 minutes before it starts, and only 3 seats were taken.

I saw it yesterday and generic is the perfect description. It's not particularly good or bad, it's just kind of "there" and instantly forgettable the minute it ends.

Only 3 seats, huh? There were only 20 when I went, in a 400+ seat auditorium. It felt so empty. :P

• Like 1

Frozen's relatively subdued IM is a testament to just how far its audience is reaching outside of kids and families. Even at my university, I've seen more students talk about Frozen than any other movie this year. I think that's pretty awesome.

Has to be IMO. I say animated movies cant get to $300M without breaking past families. DM2 it was obvious because of the kid and adult Minion love. My prognosis is Frozen started out as a kids movie, but around Christmas word got stronger between adults and now I feel like slightly more adults are seeing Frozen than kids and thats why legs are still dragging on. Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Has to be IMO. I say animated movies cant get to $300M without breaking past families. DM2 it was obvious because of the kid and adult Minion love. My prognosis is Frozen started out as a kids movie, but around Christmas word got stronger between adults and now I feel like slightly more adults are seeing Frozen than kids and thats why legs are still dragging on.

Yesterday was the first time in a long time a showing I saw was primarily young children (saw Jack Ryan and Frozen), but this was a case of at least 3 separate birthday party groups all at the same showing. When I arrived there were a bunch of seats with "reserved for birthday party" signs on them, but spread out over 3 different areas, at least 15-25 per group.

I can't ever recall seeing 3 separate groups with reserved seating for a single show.

It might as well have been a sing-a-long, they weren't belting it out, but I could hear them following along all around me.

Kind of a nice change of pace, definitely a different audience experience than my last few viewings.

• Like 1

Hi, everyone due to a few people saying I can do this to get more publicity. I have started a new game- big brother: filmsThere is more information on this link: http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/13566-big-brotherfilms-new-game-3-people-needed-pinned-for-a-week/page-2But be quick. Only 3 spaces remaining. Thanks if you join. Just sign up on the link if you do

Edited by Mean girlsFilms

Really great personal story there, Blank!I hope everything will work out for you in the relationship and romantic experience that you're hoping for.And it's pretty awesome how you can relate your personal experience to and be inspired by the movies you love. That's so fitting for you, being a movies fan and all.

That's an amazing story. One I can totally relate to. 500 Days of Summer and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind were the films that REALLY got me thinking about love, relationships and life. Scott Pilgrim too but that inspired me to have a relationship with a girl with a LOT of "baggage" and her own set of "evil" ex-boyfriends, and it was only after knowing her that I realized the reason (somewhat) for the behavior of her exes. I wonder if I am another one of her evil exes now. :P

Really need to see Her too. I'm sure I'm going to love it! And Frozen is always alarming in how multi-faceted and subversive it really is. I wish I had heard the sentence "We're not going saying you can change him/her because people don't really change!" put that simply and effectively much before now. 

Best of luck on your prospective romance!

Thanks to you both. I really hope it does work out, And I remember watching 500 Days and thinking it just as a simple, yet honest, romcom, but maybe I should rewatch it soon... lol. But yeah, thanks, and I'll definitely keep everyone here posted about what's going on with this. :)