spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

Holy shit Lego!!!! :o Didn't think that was even possible in February. So happy for it though! I wonder what this puppy could have pulled for OW in the summer. :blink:

I think that just goes to show that if you make something that people will want to see, they will see it, no matter what time of year it is.

• Like 7

Even this is a too-early report, all trackings seem to indicate a big OW for the Lego movie.

And its rating on RT is even more astonishing. With a great OW and great legs, would it break 250m? :o

Probably.

I see Victoria's Secrets models legs for Lego the Movie.

True, but even still I have to believe the OW would have been even bigger with a summer or Holiday release.

Could have been lost in the summer/Holiday shuffle too.

Look at al the big tentpoles who crashed and burned last summer.

True, but even still I have to believe the OW would have been even bigger with a summer or Holiday release.

Well, that is a possibility, but there is also a ton more competition in the summer.  DM2 might have hit $400m if it weren't for Turbo, Planes and Smurfs cutting in to the demo.

Well, that is a possibility, but there is also a ton more competition in the summer.  DM2 might have hit $400m if it weren't for Turbo, Planes and Smurfs cutting in to the demo.

The best competition is no competition or very weak competition like Frozen faced. :D

• Like 1

Someone at Hollywood Reporter probably got really drunk and started live tweeting the Olympic opening ceremony. There are some extremely stupid and some downright misinformed comments in the feed right now. Some examples:

I've been told I can only say #PussyRiot three times. Instead, I'm gonna say #VaginalUprising. No limits! #sochi #OpeningCeremony

I want to buy Paraguay some hot cocoa and gossip about Norway. #sochi #OpeningCeremony

Nice outfits, Poland. Well played. You can continue. Try the veal. #sochi #OpeningCeremony

105.7 million people in the Philippines and one dude who can figure skate. #sochi #OpeningCeremony

• Like 2