spizzer

AWESOME Weekend Estimates BOM | Lego 69.1M | MM 22.7M | RA 9.4M | FRZ 6.9M | VA 4.1M | TAM 5.5M |

Popped my von Trier cherry today and watched Antichrist. I wish I had been at least a little shocked instead of being bored witless through the whole thing. It is punishingly dull and entirely up its own ass. Horrible. 

Edited by Jack Nevada

Update at 3:30.We've sold 734 tickets to all formats so far. That includes presages for later as well.Frozen, on it's opening day, which was a Wednesday, we sold 798. But to be honest, we have a chance to beat Frozen's first Friday which was 1276.

Frozen made $15.2M on that Wednesday and $26.8M on Friday. Lorax made $17.5M on opening day. This seems headed for $20-25M today.

• Like 5

Although Frozen's opening three-day was stuppered by the fact it had already had two days on release and was going up against the no.1 movie of the year Catching Fire... none-the-less, The Lego Movie should be really big. I haven't made a prediction before this so I'll go with $275M-dom/$690M-WW... not that I've put much thought into that. 

Possibly. If schools are out today, that's going to inflate Friday's figure and could lead to a lower IM.

Schools should all be in session ... if it gets over 20 million today, it will surely do over 30 million tomorrow (based on most non holiday period animated films including Lorax)  so I would figure Lorax would easily be dead and 75+ could happen.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 3

Schools should all be in session ... if it gets over 20 million today, it will surely do over 30 million tomorrow (based on most non holiday period animated films including Lorax)  so I would figure Lorax would easily be dead and 75+ could happen.

Not all schools are out, but some are, due to weather. That leads to a larger than expected gross for family movies.

Schools should all be in session ... if it gets over 20 million today, it will surely do over 30 million tomorrow (based on most non holiday period animated films including Lorax) so I would figure Lorax would easily be dead and 75+ could happen.

No, many schools are closed due to the weather, so it will mess with the numbers a little.
  • Like 2