Shawn Robbins

Weekend numbers Feb 14-16

The bigger question is: what the hell is going on with Will Smith? Guy was on a roll critically and financially until the mediocre but not disreputable Seven Pounds, took four years off only to choose a mostly unnecessary Men in Black threequel and a bad-as-usual M. Night film as his comeback projects. Turns down Django Unchained, turns down ID42, but says yes to two cameos, one inspired and one not so much. He doesn't seem interested in pursuing quality roles, if any. 

MIB3 was a decent hit, but still...just all-around weird decision-making. 

Edit: A possible post-Hurricane Katrina film that he's attached to could turn things around. 

Edited by tonytr87
  • Like 2

The bigger question is: what the hell is going on with Will Smith? Guy was on a roll critically and financially until the mediocre but not disreputable Seven Pounds, took four years off only to choose a mostly unnecessary Men in Black threequel and a bad-as-usual M. Night film as his comeback projects. Turns down Django Unchained, turns down ID42, but says yes to two cameos, one inspired and one not so much. He doesn't seem interested in pursuing quality roles, if any. 

MIB3 was a decent hit, but still...just all-around weird decision-making. 

Edit: A possible post-Hurricane Katrina film that he's attached to could turn things around. 

I thought he turned the Hurricane Katrina drama down too. 

He's been more worried about his son's career than his in recent years. After Earth was supposed to be a big star vehicle for his kid

The way his son looks all the time, I suppose I'd be concerned too

Posted Image

• Like 6

Will Smith is a victim of his success just like Depp. He reportedly made close to $100 million from MIB3 and it isn't like he needed money when he made that movie. I am a big fan of his but I think he needs to pick more challenging roles so I am fine that he dropped out of ID2.

I thought he turned the Hurricane Katrina drama down too. 

He's still attached last I heard, the project just hasn't come to function yet.

Also he's attached to do a fantasy movie with Shawn Levy called "The City That Sailed". I'm sure that's gonna end well.

• Like 1

The way his son looks all the time, I suppose I'd be concerned too

Posted Image

wouldn't it be ironic if he has that look just cause he is concerned about his dad's career, which in turn worries his dad into not doing well in movies, which just gives the kid an even dumber look, which in turn...and it goes on

Edited by a2knet