Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: The Lego Movie - 31.5M | 3 Days to Kill - 12.3M | Pompeii - 10M

Why did they make that volcano movie with a 100M budget? Do these people like losing money or something? How stupid are they? Do they realize people actually have to take time out of their day and pay to see the movies they release? Why did they cast Harington? Everyone knows he only has two facial expressions, sullen and confused. Oh well, that's one more facial expression than Kristen Stewart I guess and she keeps getting work. 

Anyone with half a fucking brain wouldn't have given that movie the green light. 

Edited by Magic

Except for the Lego Movie, box office is a bit dead by now.

When is it going to pick up ? 

300 ?

Noah ?

Captain America ?

Taken 3 on a motherfucking plane ?

Cap for sure. 300 and Noah will bomb, me thinks. Don't even know what you're referring to with the last one.

Why did they make that volcano movie with a 100M budget? Do these people like losing money or something? How stupid are they? Do they realize people actually have to take time out of their day and pay to see the movies they release? Why did they cast Harington? Everyone knows he only has two facial expressions, sullen and confused. Oh well, that's one more facial expression than Kristen Stewart I guess and she keeps getting work. 

Anyone with half a fucking brain wouldn't have given that movie the green light. 

Posted Image

Captain Fucking Hindsight to the rescue

• Like 2

Except for the Lego Movie, box office is a bit dead by now.

When is it going to pick up ? 

300 ?

Noah ?

Captain America ?

Taken 3 on a motherfucking plane ?

CA will pick it up for sure, I'm getting a bit worried about Noah. Not crazy from what I'm seeing so far, but it should still do decent. 300 I think will flop like flompei.

I think what happened is Meg Ryans don't grow on trees. She had great charisma and could exude such a natural, approachable warmth that is hard to duplicate. I think Jennifer Aniston has been able to pull it off in her own way, but others like Katherine Heigl just couldn't come close. Like not even in the parking lot of the ball park.

True.I miss the kind of charm a Meg Ryan type can bring. The last I saw Meg on TV though, she does not look good maybe because of the plastic surgery :(

I was hoping Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan could have a reunion movie someday which could be like Hope Springs (Streep-Lee Jones). They are still my favorite movie couple after all these years.

Edited by forg

Do you guys have Frozen surpassing $400m?

I really don't see how it misses now. Just 15.6m to go, it's still playing on almost 1900 screens coming off a 4.3m weekend with just 2 new wide releases coming this weekend that aren't remotely direct competition. We also have the Academy Awards this weekend, and assuming Frozen wins we should see some kind of bump right after. It's simply too close now to miss, they aren't going to suddenly pull it while it's still making good money. After the upcoming weekend I see it around 389m, legs and Oscar bump will have it cruise past 400 to finish around 410, unless Disney really wants to push it with double features or a short re-expansion.