AniNate

Sausage Party | Rogen/Goldberg Animation | August 12, 2016 | Support the Sausage Party Artists!

My theater experience was definitely interesting tonight. Of course there were at least 5 kids probably under the age of 10. One was with their mom and the other seemed like a group of friends brought by one of their's big sister. Two people actually walked out during the 3rd act 

Spoiler

Surprisingly pre orgy. 

And the fact that the mother and son wasnt one of them shocked me. There was also a couple of teens with their mom and you could tell how awkward it was for them. My theater actually had a garbage bag over the window into the auditorium 

Spoiler

I guess due to the food orgy.

Overall I thought it was hilarious though and I would probably say it's my new favorite comedy of the year (excluding Deadpool). It will take a lot for the 3rd act to be beat in the is this movie actually doing this and WTFness category.

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 3

Twitter is exploding with Sausage Party love right now (and Rogue One).  WOM is going to be infectious.  There are a lot of women tweeting about it... way more than I would have expected.  Also seeing people report there were children in some of the theaters.  Hilarious.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lobogotti said:

Twitter is exploding with Sausage Party love right now (and Rogue One).  WOM is going to be infectious.  There are a lot of women tweeting about it... way more than I would have expected.  Also seeing people report there were children in some of the theaters.  Hilarious.

I don't think I could ever look my parents in the eye if I seen this movie with them and I'm in my 20's. 

24 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

My theater experience was definitely interesting tonight. Of course there were at least 5 kids probably under the age of 10. One was with their mom and the other seemed like a group of friends brought by one of their's big sister. Two people actually walked out during the 3rd act 

Reveal hidden contents

And the fact that the mother and son wasnt one of them shocked me. There was also a couple of teens with their mom and you could tell how awkward it was for them. My theater actually had a garbage bag over the window into the auditorium 

Reveal hidden contents

Overall I thought it was hilarious though and I would probably say it's my new favorite comedy of the year (excluding Deadpool). It will take a lot for the 3rd act to be beat in the is this movie actually doing this and WTFness category.

Was Sausage Party better than This Is The End?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Was Sausage Party better than This Is The End?

I loved them both equally.  It was definitely a step up from The Interview.  If you loved it I'm sure the same will happen with Sausage Party. Not only do they share the same cast but also their style of humor, critique on religion, and level of WTFness is very similar. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I loved them both equally.  It was definitely a step up from The Interview.  If you loved it I'm sure the same will happen with Sausage Party. Not only do they share the same cast but also their style of humor, critique on religion, and level of WTFness is very similar. 

Thanks, that is fantastic to hear. This Is The End was my favorite Rogen-Goldberg film, I am even more pumped for Sausage Party.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

Rarely can you feel when an audience is truly surprised by something happening in a movie. To see those last few scenes with a full house... you got the sense everyone felt they were watching something they'd never seen before and couldn't even quite process.

Run, don't walk. 

• Like 6

Saw it tonight. Huge crowd, and the laughter was contagious. I'm not sure if I'd seen it alone I would be laughing, but I had a good time anyways. I'm not going to rate it because what I think is funny usually ends up being viewed as stupid by many people I speak to. I will say that I felt it was worth the money. However, it bothers me that there were three children under the age of 10 in the theater. They all had parents, and they sat through the entire thing. The times have changed, I guess...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

Rarely can you feel when an audience is truly surprised by something happening in a movie. To see those last few scenes with a full house... you got the sense everyone felt they were watching something they'd never seen before and couldn't even quite process.

Run, don't walk. 

That, well... Yeah. You said it, man.

Ho-ly crap. :blink:  I saw the 7:15 showing in a sold out theater with what was probably the perfect audience for this.

It was clearly going to be rude, crude and raunchy movie with loads of swearing, but even knowing that I still underestimated it by at least a factor of 10.

The audience loved it and was howling with laughter in spots, with the female audience members seemingly even more into it than the guys.

There is literally something to offend everyone in this (if they aren't too busy laughing).

This is one of those movies that goes totally balls out and works because of it, if they had held back even a little bit it wouldn't have worked nearly so well (pretty much exactly like Deadpool in that regard)

I was shocked that there was cheering and applause when it ended, but it was well deserved.

I already want to see it again.:D

• Like 1