Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

I beg to differ, I do need a loud engine 😍  , but it has to be the right note. Its a Merc E63AMG S, its a shame they dont use the old non turbo V8, but the current one is good enough.

I love that merc. Mine is just a lease car. I give myself a 350 allowance per month and the deals that pop up are incredible. Used ti own my cars until soneone wrote mine off so took company cars ever since abd used the ibsurance money to get the bike lol. I've found that no matter how quick the car, nothing compares to a bike. The hyperstrada is a 939 and just feels and sounds spectacular. Luckily I have nice neighbours.

14 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Above anything, even the house prices and the black cabbies, I hate food in London the most.

For the price you have to pay to eat legit good food, you might as well book a flight to Italy or Greece and go eat like a human being.

Absolutely everything is extortion here. Luckily I grew up in the good 'ol USA so my pallet is happy with pretty much anything food wise. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I once wanted to scan like 10 pages to a partner, but was OOO, so I had to go to a nearby "net-cafe". They asked me £1/page. I bought a scanner out of spite.

christ

remind me never to move to london

9 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Trust me JCS. You can make a big society in my country with that money and you can earn upto 4x

Real estate in our country is growing rapidly and some monsters are making huge profit.

Edited by Lothar

38 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Why do people still think this isn't coming out in 2020? They really doubt Jim huh? 

Some people love to be negative about everything, I have no energy for them. 

17 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

Some people love to be negative about everything, I have no energy for them. 

It's not about negativity for me. It's just confusion at how people can so blindly ignore facts. The shoot is over half-way done for 2 and 3 (and a little more). It's coming. 

• Like 1

Avatar is such a masterpiece, I vividly remember watching it in the cinema for the first time. An incredible piece of art with a depth to it that far too few people appreciate.

Its always ridiculous when people on reddit or elsewhere claim Avatar had "no cultural impact" just because people arent making memes about it, completely ignoring the fact that cultural impact isnt defined by stuff like that. The movie changed cinema by introducing 3D to the world, something that almost every major blockbuster that came afterward adapted. Avatar changed cinema in other ways aswell, especially regarding stuff like world building or even how CGI gets used. The movie world today would be quite different today if it had not existed.

People also seem to forget (especially people that were very young when it happened) just how much of a cultural event the release of Avatar was, the hype for it was unprecedented and reached far beyond the general movie world and hasnt been matched since. Literally everyone was talking about this movie. To say that the movie has no presence in the minds of people is a ridiculous sentiment. Theres a very good reason for why Avatar has reached a box-office success that no other movie since got even close to reaching.

Im really interested to see how the sequels turn out. James Cameron has two of the best sequels of all time under his belt (Aliens, Terminator 2) and otherwise is of course a director that has proven himself to be a visionary time and time again. Its hard to say if for the sequels the same kind of hype can be captured as for the first one (probably not, but we will see what Cameron has in store) and the sequels will release to a quite different movie world with a movie-goer audience that has also changed alot. It seems to me that alot of the movie-goers today prefer Marvel-esque fast food movies to actual quality art, I will be interested in seeing how Camerons work will perform in such a climate.

Its very possible that from the moment the first trailer hits and the movie-goers see the title "Avatar 2" on the big screen, when people start to vividly remember just what an experience the first one was, that the hype will again reach enormous levels. We will see.

Either way, Im looking forward to Avatar 2 alot.

Edited by Crainy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Playing the middle child of Jake/Neytiri's family. I like that shirt he posted - Marine UNIT ?? 

Yeah the freediving gang get's that shirt. Kid says he not can hold his breath for 5 minutes... not bad kid.

Returning

• Sam Worthington as Jake Sully
  • Zoe Saldana as Neytiri
  • Joel David Moore as Norm Spellman
  • Sigourney Weaver will return, but will not be playing the same character.
  • CCH Pounder as Mo'at
  • Stephen Lang as Miles Quaritch
  • Matt Gerald as Lyle Wainfleet
  • Giovanni Ribisi as Parker Selfridge
  • Dileep Rao as Max Patel

New

• Cliff Curtis as Tonowari, leader of the Metkayina clan ( the reef people clan )
  • Oona Chaplin as Varang  - a strong and vibrant central character who spans the entire length of the installments.
  • Jamie Flatters as Neteyam, the first-born son of Jake and Neytiri
  • Britain Dalton as Lo'ak, the second-born son of Jake and Neytiri
  • Trinity Bliss as Tuktirey, the daughter of Jake and Neytiri and their youngest child, mostly goes by the nickname "Tuk"[66]
  • Bailey Bass as Tsireya, a free-diver of the Metkayina clan, also goes by the nickname "Reya". She is described as "graceful and strong" and "the young Neytiri of the ocean"[66]
  • Filip Geljo as Aonung, a free-diver/hunter of the Metkayina clan and Tonowari's son
  • Duane Evans Jr. as Rotxo, a free-diver/hunter of the Metkayina clan
  • Jack Champion as Javier Socorro, a human born in Hell's Gate who prefers spending time in the Pandoran rainforest, also goes by the nickname "Spider"[67]
  • Kate Winslet as Ronal of the Metkayina clan.

• Like 1

Now using the list above... I wonder who these two are.

Monica-Wang-Photo-3.jpg

ENHANCE!

5tnlcxJ.png

My first thought is that they were Neytiri's children but as the male Na'vi on the right looks younger and Tuk is Ney's youngest child I think they must be Metkayina folk. Also the garbs they're wearing look new and it's almost as if they're wearing face paint on their forehead, points towards being from a new tribe.

Reya on the left.  "She is described as "graceful and strong" and "the young Neytiri of the ocean"

Aonung on the right. As he's the child of the head of the clan.