Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

19 hours ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

I think he's shown great storytelling ability in every single one of his movies.

That all-time classic, Piranha 2.

20 hours ago, The Panda Menace said:

James Cameron's new Avatar trilogy after Star Wars is through with it.

maxresdefault.jpg 

Hardly. Even if every forthcoming Star Wars film outgrosses every forthcoming Avatar film, it's not like that makes Avatar a failure. 

People overstate these competitions. 

When the first Harry Potter and LOTR movies came out there was a pretty amusing series of FoxTrot strips about that "battle" mentality among fandoms. I'd link to it if I weren't on my phone

9 hours ago, pieman said:

Just a reminder that most of the people on this forum were completely kissing Avatar's ass in December of 2009 and January 2010.

I was not. If you can find an archived thread from BOM days I stated then how the only reason I saw it was cause I had a free pass and that as a complete movie it was imperfect. That is on the record. I didn't like Avatar before it was cool to not like it.

16 hours ago, pieman said:

Just a reminder that most of the people on this forum were completely kissing Avatar's ass in December of 2009 and January 2010.

Lol force isn't beating any avtr films ww or domestically if ot cast have nothing to do and quality doesn't improve.  I fully expect avtr2 to double the force ww total and potentially double both swfa and the mighty jpw

17 hours ago, pieman said:

I kissed all of his ass. Until I tried to rewatch it at home without the 3D and realized it is a generic boring piece of crap.

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Dude, it's gonna pass AVATAR by the end of next weekend or so, give or take a few days. 

It won't beat Avatar WW anytime soon, tho, so Kal is right in that :lol:

• Like 2

On 12/25/2015 at 5:48 PM, TriggerMike said:

You think jurassic world will beat TFA worldwide this year?

Very possible. Sws isn't big in skin, China, UK and other major countries.  Jpworld made almost 1.1b os. Swsfa is running similar to avengers one is or even weaker.  So domestic 720 to 830 m and a os of 800m. Force could lose king of the yr to jpw indeed.  Needs at least 900m os. A very tall order.

7 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Very possible. Sws isn't big in skin, China, UK and other major countries.  Jpworld made almost 1.1b os. Swsfa is running similar to avengers one is or even weaker.  So domestic 720 to 830 m and a os of 800m. Force could lose king of the yr to jpw indeed.  Needs at least 900m os. A very tall order.

Umm, what? SW is going to easily be the highest grossing film of all time in the UK.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Not big in the UK? It will be at $100 million there by Sunday night. The record is only about $165 million (Skyfall). TFA will beat it by $30-$50 million. 

Also, it hasn't even opened in China yet. OS is running 10% ahead of domestic WITHOUT China at all. TFA is easily beating Jurassic World both OS and domestic. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2015 at 5:48 PM, TriggerMike said:

You think jurassic world will beat TFA worldwide this year?

Very possible. Sws isn't big in sk, China, Australia and other major countries like the dinos.  Jpworld made almost 1.1b os. Swsfa is running similar to avengers one is or even weaker.  So domestic 720 to 830 m and a os of 800m. Force could lose king of the yr to jpw indeed.  Needs at least 900m os or 900m domestic. A very tall order. We will see television how much it beats avatar by lol. Avatars from gross was held back by theater counts domestic and os.  Pending James pulls a terminator 2 level sequel.  We will easily double the WW take of swsfa with avtr2 commanding all those 3d theaters for months and James Cameron's new breakthroughs in story and innovation.  Pound for pound avatar will eat all franchises for breakfast.  Just from the movies.  3-4b  plus ww per movie.  Wow

9 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Very possible. Sws isn't big in sk, China, Australia and other major countries like the dinos.  Jpworld made almost 1.1b os. Swsfa is running similar to avengers one is or even weaker.  So domestic 720 to 830 m and a os of 800m. Force could lose king of the yr to jpw indeed.  Needs at least 900m os or 900m domestic. A very tall order. We will see television how much it beats avatar by lol. Avatars from gross was held back by theater counts domestic and os.  Pending James pulls a terminator 2 level sequel.  We will easily double the WW take of swsfa with avtr2 commanding all those 3d theaters for months and James Cameron's new breakthroughs in story and innovation.  Pound for pound avatar will eat all franchises for breakfast.  Just from the movies.  3-4b  plus ww per movie.  Wow

By how many millions would you say Avatar 2 is going to crush SW7 Domestically, oh all knowing Kal?

12 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Not big in the UK? It will be at $100 million there by Sunday night. The record is only about $165 million (Skyfall). TFA will beat it by $30-$50 million. 

Also, it hasn't even opened in China yet. OS is running 10% ahead of domestic WITHOUT China at all. TFA is easily beating Jurassic World both OS and domestic. 

Nope falling off in Germany and skin and china don't care.  I meant Australia not UK.  UK is its best chance but don't expect fast7 or transformers numbers in China. Jpworld is very much in the race.  Only domestically folks are going crazy because of ford and Hamil and the OT cast.  Enjoy your domestic record while it lasts.  Avtr2 is going to eat it alive and hopefully  get a 1.1b domestic tally if we get a 160 to 200m  ow with a typical Cameron multiplier of 7 or better. If a sws can do this using so much more showings than avtr. My god what might the most anticipated sequel with Cameron's names on it in near matching tcs domestically bring in. 

Avtr2 Max potential 1.2b domestic and 3.2b is.? The world breaker is coming for you Jedi's.  Kneel before cameron the god of movies lol