Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

5 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Lol 10-30feet of ice in NJ and network, CT etc.  Something is wrong with you for the above statement.  Oh I made a mistake your sws film had more 3d tcs.  Avtr 2200-2500. Fa over 3000 tcs. Huge difference.  That's where I got mixed up.  Avtr2 going to massacre the force.  The domestic gap looks to be a huge add whooping too

Inches, Kal, not feet. The storm lasted four days:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_blizzard_of_2009

There was another storm a couple of days later that lasted six days:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_North_American_Christmas_blizzard

In any case, you realize all of this helped AVATAR's legs, right? Without those storm storms it would've done better business over its OW and the next several days, but would've fallen a bit harder the following week. 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2011 at 0:13 AM, Mattrek said:
On 11/10/2011 at 8:35 PM, 'GiantCALBears said:

remember folks, Avatar was a novelty and a historic runjust because a sequel will be the same story, characters, Cameron etc doesn't mean the same insane crazy numbers as last time even with 5 years later of rising ticket prices/inflation

Terminator 2? Also everyone said that about the first Avatar and about Titanic. Never underestimate a movie with James Cameron, I've learnt my lesson twice now.

Smarter people than baumerfett and I'm afraid telegraph will learn this same lesson soon.  James Cameron can defy typical bo rules. 

Ironic that everything Kal said Avatar had to face that TFA didn't have to face, TFA is actually facing that right now.

Over 70m+ of new releases in competition, and a major snow storm in the Midwest that is likely affecting its Sunday and Saturday numbers.

Silly Kal is silly.

26 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

In 10 days Kal

https://i.imgur.com/LxnQf5O.png

Or 

Haha maybe.  But your still not 

That belongs to the greatest epic and movie run in history and to avatar with its 2.8b. Soon to be esclisped by Avatar 2. I expect force awakens domestic crown to be erased too.   Cameron is bigger than as my friend. 

26 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Ironic that everything Kal said Avatar had to face that TFA didn't have to face, TFA is actually facing that right now.

Over 70m+ of new releases in competition, and a major snow storm in the Midwest that is likely affecting its Sunday and Saturday numbers.

Silly Kal is silly.

There are no big films as is facing and the storms of the entire wayside silly panda is way bigger than Texas.  40 plus deaths.  There were much more during the snowstorm of 2009. You guys are silly.  And no it's dropping it won't reach a billion.  Avtr2 now... folks are predicting up to 1.1 to 1.4b domestic dude and 3.3 b os.  You have no idea how big avtr2 is domestically and is silly panda. 

A movie with over 4b we potentially.  Force awakens Pales in comparison. Your ow though is strong with the force.   Nothing Cameron and Fox won't beat in the end.  Domestic race between these two is interesting but os will really be a laughable gap.  Sws may make barely +900m to 1b is.  Avatar will make that in weeksos. 

Edited by Kalel009Shel

18 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

You do realize that, because of the massive majority of Imax/3d tickets Avatar sold, TFA at 1 billion domestic is on pace to far outsell it in terms of tickets, right? But don't let facts get in the way of a good fanboying. 

Lol you keep praying on that one lol.  Avatar sold over 85m tickets.sws is using 3d and inflation to beat Avatar domestically.  Haha next avatar will be in as much if not more tcs and be so amazing IMAX and all theaters will keep it playing for mths.  Facts is Cameron can get a 160-200plus a 7x multiplier.  Haha force domestic reign won't be up long. Titanic ticket sales in one run makes all your films look like nothing.  That is the power of James cameron

27 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

You do realize that, because of the massive majority of Imax/3d tickets Avatar sold, TFA at 1 billion domestic is on pace to far outsell it in terms of tickets, right? But don't let facts get in the way of a good fanboying. 

And you do realize tickets for actress were up to 20. It comes down to the money made force won't beat care domestically adjusted by much.  Titanic adjusts to 1.12b domestic. Nice some say avtr2 will make Lotr like runs domestically.  Oh my. 

5 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Lol you keep praying on that one lol.  Avatar sold over 85m tickets.sws is using 3d and inflation to beat Avatar domestically.  Haha next avatar will be in as much if not more tcs and be so amazing IMAX and all theaters will keep it playing for mths.  Facts is Cameron can get a 160-200plus a 7x multiplier.  Haha force domestic reign won't be up long. Titanic ticket sales in one run makes all your films look like nothing.  That is the power of James cameron

Avatar sold about 75m tickets, this is the universally accepted number.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

If Avatar 2 beats the original WW, I'll donate $100 to the forum and give $20 to Kal. No bet. If it beats it, I'll do it. 

Same here venom friend.  It will be a momentual occasion.  And thanks in advance venom.  Hey what's the PayPal address to donate all.  Post the link someone.  James Cameron wants that all-time hat trick. 

35 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

And you do realize tickets for actress were up to 20. It comes down to the money made force won't beat care domestically adjusted by much.  Titanic adjusts to 1.12b domestic. Nice some say avtr2 will make Lotr like runs domestically.  Oh my. 

Actually we have posts in here from other media that said are sold 85 to 90m tickets.  Wrong again. 

A LOTR run would be a big step back for AVATAR 2. :lol:

I'm afraid my voice-to-text translator completely failed in terms of your first sentence. Do you mean IMAX tickets can be $20? That's true, but it's all encapsulated in those adjusted prices... and again, since AVATAR played strongly in IMAX, it doesn't really benefit that much from claims that IMAX is expensive. (FWIW, I paid nearly the same amount to see AVATAR in IMAX than I did with STAR WARS.)

btw, it's ... interesting ... that your goalposts have now shifted to ticket sales and adjusted numbers, when just a couple of days ago you were very emphatic about STAR WARS not being able to beat them unadjusted. ;)