Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, Cochofles said:

The oceans thing has been endlessly reported and rumoured about. Is this something that Cameron himself mentioned? 

The media made a much bigger deal out of it than it really is, probably because there was / is nothing else to report. Producer Landau said on multiple occasions that the oceans will feature in a similar capacity than the flying mountains in the first one, which to me means they won't have a big role to play.

“Water will be a part of the movie, but it won’t be all of the movie … There’s been a lot of rumours that it’s an underwater movie – it’s not. Just like the Floating Mountains, and the Na’vi’s interaction with the mountains, were a part of Avatar, it’ll be the same type of thing.”

• Like 1

Also, regarding other planets, this is what Landau said:

“I think the next movie will stay on Pandora. That’d be my guess. Not all the answers are there yet, but I think we’re happy with Pandora.”

This is only for Avatar 2 and was a while ago, so who knows if it's still true.

13 hours ago, somebody85 said:

"Avatar is the most anticipated sequel globally of all time" - Damn I must have missed that memo. And I see you have to use globally to even have an argument because it sure as hell isn't domestically. 

Let's see how many news programs have Avatar week leading up to the release...

Avatar 2 being a bigger global event the TFA, and the true most anticipated film of 21st century globally sounds about right. Afterall, it is going to be the sequel of the highest grossing film ww of all time.

• Like 2

Just now, NCsoft said:

Avatar 2 being a bigger global event the TFA, and the true most anticipated film of 21st century globally sounds about right. Afterall, it is going to be the sequel of the highest grossing film ww of all time.

HE'S SO RIGHT. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, WATCH WHEN THE FIRST TEASER FOR THIS DROPS

12116-cm1211605000f52a6b1e6gif-VMgi.gif

(double yikes you can't post pictures through the "insert other media" button anymore??? @staff @mods @president fix this asap)

1 minute ago, angeldelmito said:

HE'S SO RIGHT. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, WATCH WHEN THE FIRST TEASER FOR THIS DROPS

12116-cm1211605000f52a6b1e6gif-VMgi.gif

(double yikes you can't post pictures through the "insert other media" button anymore??? @staff @mods @president fix this asap)

Water Bottle will be doing some fixes tomorrow. We actually prefer that you not use that method at all, though. Just paste the link directly into your post, hit enter/return, and wait a moment or two. The link will be auto-embedded in your post. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

Sorry but some of u dont know kal from mojo. Hes certifiably nuts. So don't go Out and try and make him a martyr and don't sell me the hooker with a heart of gold. He is a straight up nut.

Says the guy that thinks Friday the 13 is Oscar winner material and always used to make juvenile sexist comments on mojo.  Bauer when you trading currency,  coaching nearly 2000 people in Los now and you got 10k people following you.  Then tell me about your intellect.  Baumer is a bafoon.  I'm simply passionate and learned not to insult or put people down when I disagree.  Baumer hasn't learned much and unaccomplished paddeone he is still

3 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Says the guy that thinks Friday the 13 is Oscar winner material and always used to make juvenile sexist comments on mojo.  Bauer when you trading currency,  coaching nearly 2000 people in Los now and you got 10k people following you.  Then tell me about your intellect.  Baumer is a bafoon.  I'm simply passionate and learned not to insult or put people down when I disagree.  Baumer hasn't learned much and unaccomplished paddeone he is still

I rest my case.

All too easy Kal. 

5 hours ago, Cochofles said:

The oceans thing has been endlessly reported and rumoured about. Is this something that Cameron himself mentioned? 

Yep they said he will use water effects and more than will give a new sort of sensory stimulation  cocoflies.  I'm really thinking we can be the first to 1billion deep domestic.  Based on a 170to 200 plus million and a Cameron audience fueled multi pliers. Don't rule out over 200m on ow for juggernaut 2

6 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

You just called him a buffoon (in your own spelling), how is that not insulting someone? Lol

2 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Yep they said he will use water effects and more than will give a new sort of sensory stimulation  cocoflies.  I'm really thinking we can be the first to 1billion deep domestic.  Based on a 170to 200 plus million and a Cameron audience fueled multi pliers. Don't rule out over 200m on ow for juggernaut 2

It won't be the first to 1 billion domestic for two reasons.

1) Star Wars will get there first

2) Avatar has 0 chance of increasing domestically.  0% CHANCE.

3v92cq.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NCsoft said:

Actually it could beat the force badly domestically if it gets that 6 to 10 Xmas multi. T2 got a 6.8, titanic far bigger than anything in history got a 30x, avatar with snowstorms... 9.8x. 

Kal, you might have 10,000 people following you.  And you might be coaching 2000 people in Los (is that a city in Brazil or something), but you are still certifiably nuts.

Prove to me you have changed, and I'll take it all back, apologize for calling you nuts and I'll even listen to your thoughts on why Avatar will be the first movie in the history of movies to increase from a record breaking gross.

All you have to do is tell us how wrong you were in any three predictions.  I'll make it easy on you.  Tell us about Superman Returns and Dragonball z.....how'd those work out for you?

And there's Kal back with his ranges that go from something like 6-10X.....big difference there Kal.  If it's a 6 multiplier, it's not coming close to Star Wars....if it's a 10X, it's not beating SW opening weekend record.  So choose.  

3610694024_1518199_gozer3_large_answer_1

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

It won't be the first to 1 billion domestic for two reasons.

1) Star Wars will get there first

2) Avatar has 0 chance of increasing domestically.  0% CHANCE.

3v92cq.jpg

Lol your box office IQ is as weak as the quality of the sws film paddione. 

The king will break your back os and just may beat the force by 200m domestic.  Force will be lucky to hit 850 and it's in over 1500 more tcs than Avatar lol.  Hate leads to the darkseid.  Unlearn your bafooness you must. 

On avatar not increasing. Us fans of real movies that matter.  We will send the Jedi's the message