Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Yeah, I hope he makes it, if anybody can make that work and make a film of that subject a global blockbuster, it is probably Cameron. I definitely see the resemblance to Titanic, both disaster films(kind of), and the historical contexts as well. If he makes it, I don't know if it's going to have Titanic/Avatar kind of box office performance, but at least a international run comparable to ROTK, HP8, or even TFA, if it is good!

It would need a love story to make Avatar money...

As a side note, I've got a feeling all 3 Avatar's sequels will have a love story.

9 hours ago, Cochofles said:

James Horner's scores have the ability to grab me by the throat in ways that only compare to the music of John Williams.

I simply can't imagine Titanic, Braveheart, and Avatar without the gorgeous aural atmosphere Horner created for them...

May he rest in peace. :(

Love you and your words dear cocoflies.  Without the magic of horner,  those movies definitely are incomplete.  Horner is truly Williams equal. Though with titanic horner surpassed Williams best scores by just a bit. Never has a score or soundtrack affected both young and old like the mighty titanic 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Cameron's 24 years younger than Clint Eastwood. Hopefully he maintains his filmmaking passion just as long

Should be able to.  Avatar saga will be complete tribefan in 3yrs. So godwilling we get so much more from Jim.  Any ideas on how you think they will bring back  general quaddritz

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It would need a love story to make Avatar money...

As a side note, I've got a feeling all 3 Avatar's sequels will have a love story.

I certainly don't mind James giving Avatar series more romance, the Terminator/Aliens crowd were disappointed at him for Titanic, but the romance in Titanic and Avatar made me more of a fan because I felt he was truly complete as a director and artist when he made Titanic, that's when he was able to reach the maximum number of people with his film as a medium. 

though if this atomic bombing film is going to be about this guy, then I don't know if he can (or intend to) fit any sort of romance into the film, unless it just so happens that this guy had a unforgettable romantic encounter during the bombings :lol:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

I certainly don't mind James giving Avatar series more romance, the Terminator/Aliens crowd were disappointed at him for Titanic, but the romance in Titanic and Avatar made me more of a fan because I felt he was truly complete as a director and artist when he made Titanic, that's when he was able to reach the maximum number of people with his film as a medium. 

though if this atomic bombing film is going to be about this guy, then I don't know if he can (or intend to) fit any sort of romance into the film, unless it just so happens that this guy had a unforgettable romantic encounter during the bombings :lol:

I remember it better now the guy survived both nukes. I'm sure there is some real life heartbreak in there somewhere, but romance?

If there wasn't a romance he wouldn't add it as it would be disrspecful.

1 hour ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Quiet you lol.  He gave us predators and from dusk till dawn the series.  Rodriguez is the truth and it's not like Cameron won't be there to be his aiowa. ?

He also gave us Spy Kids 4D. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

MODERATION:

This is a thread for the upcoming movie AVATAR 2. Up to this point, we allowed it to be a general place to also talk about Cameron, AVATAR, and so forth. But with STAR WARS about to pass AVATAR domestically, and with AVATAR 2 about to actually start production, all this bickering threatens to derail this thread. 

So, from this point onward, if you want to trash-talk about various franchises, argue over whether domestic or overseas is more important, how to estimate ticket sales in the US, and so forth, please do it in this new thread:

If you continue those discussions here, they will be moved at a moderator's discretion.

Man, I dont know if I should call it funny, or pathetic, that we actually need a stand-alone thread for all those Cameron vs this Cameron vs that bullshit to keep this thread clean.

• Like 2

On 02/01/2016 at 9:28 PM, Kalel009Shel said:

Should be able to.  Avatar saga will be complete tribefan in 3yrs. So godwilling we get so much more from Jim.  Any ideas on how you think they will bring back  general quaddritz

I think he has been absorbed by eywa, but I don't know how he will live again.

Or maybe 1000s of quartich clones come back to pandora

4 hours ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Is Sam Worthington returning? Haven't seen him in anything in a longtime (I guess he was in Everest though).

I'm sure he will, but he was such a bland and uninteresting actor in the first place, replacing him probably wouldn't affect much.

Edited by Noodlebug

one with landau on the avatar sequels  and one about the cirque show:

“We thought a lot about where we go with these stories location-wise. Do we go to other planets and see other worlds? And we realized that Earth has so many places of wonder that we could spend our whole lifetime traveling and not see all of them. So we basically made the decision to keep the sequels on Pandora.

“We’ll be exposing audiences to different Na’vi cultures and parts of Pandora they haven’t seen. We will definitely have stuff that’s underwater. It won’t all be underwater because you can’t have dialogue there. But if you think about the bio-luminescence scenes or the floating mountain scenes in the first movie, it’s going to be something totally new and different on that scale.

“And it’s still going to be Jake and Neytiri (Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana in the original) and the continuation of their story. They will remain our heroes.”

not much news but something

• Like 2