Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, fracfar said:

James Cameron is an abusive asshole who treats his actors like chattel. He reminds me of how Hollywood was from the 1950s, where directors would do anything to get a good shot without regards to people's safety.

I was listening to Mona Lisa from Popstar and it inspired me to (slightly) rewrite the chorus as a dedication for James Cameron

James Cameron, you're an overrated piece of shit.

With your terrible style and the lack of an eye

For a decently written script

What the fuck is this garbage?

James Cameron, the original basic bitch

Taken decades of time to release something sublime

But the best you've got is the Abyss, you ugly.

:ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Sure I can - a year is just as arbitrary as 100. Again, your attempt to summarize my position is incorrect and adding information I never once spoke of. 

I never added a function of time to my position (other than one which is arbitrary as all human attempts (bar maybe planck's constant) are). So please, read my posts properly next time. 

Monetary value is the best and most objective system by which to measure worth, I would have thought that a non-controversial position being that we are on a box office theory forum. 

Your position (which I am not going to make any claims of understanding) seems prima facie to be more at home on some kind of communist subjective feelings on films forum. 

Holy fuck. Do we still have a post of the year category at the Boffies? if so, I know what I'm voting for.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, fracfar said:

James Cameron is an abusive asshole who treats his actors like chattel. He reminds me of how Hollywood was from the 1950s, where directors would do anything to get a good shot without regards to people's safety.

I may not agree with his methods, but I can't argue with the results. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fracfar said:

And yet he has a staple of actors that keep coming back working for him and calling him a close friend.

Edited by Elessar

1 hour ago, La La Panda said:

I was listening to Mona Lisa from Popstar and it inspired me to (slightly) rewrite the chorus as a dedication for James Cameron

James Cameron, you're an overrated piece of shit.

With your terrible style and the lack of an eye

For a decently written script

What the fuck is this garbage?

James Cameron, the original basic bitch

Taken decades of time to release something sublime

But the best you've got is the Abyss, you ugly.

:ph34r::ph34r:

I think you're onto something here, I have a print of the Mona Lisa hung up in my bathroom for nearly this exact reason. They're both priceless, unique, works of utter genius, and nobody really understands how they manage to do what they do! 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar
grammar
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I think you're onto something here, I have a print of the Mona Lisa hung up in my bathroom for nearly this exact reason. They're both priceless, unique, works of utter genius, and nobody really understands how they manage to do what they do! 

So you agree that Cameron is an overrated POS then? :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

So you agree that Cameron is an overrated POS then? :ph34r:

What's up y'all, this is Panda4Real!

I've seen a lot of movies, right, but tonight I'm gonna watch some dumb shit.

I'm at the theater, at a quarter to noon.

So excited to see it, it'll be out of the theater soon.

I heard it's exquisite, so I brought my ticket

Pushed my way to the front of the theater

And I couldn't believe what I saw

James Cameron, you're an overrated piece of shit...yaydayada lather rinse repeat idk.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

That's what Trump fans say. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Mona Lisa might be a masterpiece but good bathroom art? Come on man! There's hotter paintings out there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Ends justify the means? I can't say I don't believe that at rare times...

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

And yet he has a staple of actors that keep coming back working for him and calling him a close friend.

He rarely has the same actors for every one of his movies, except for Schwarzenegger. Probably b/c he could crush Cameron if he really overreached.

Also plenty of abusive people get away with their shit b/c people say "Oh he would never do that, he's too nice" or something like that. Just saying. 

25 minutes ago, fracfar said:

Ends justify the means? I can't say I don't believe that at rare times...

He rarely has the same actors for every one of his movies, except for Schwarzenegger. Probably b/c he could crush Cameron if he really overreached.

Also plenty of abusive people get away with their shit b/c people say "Oh he would never do that, he's too nice" or something like that. Just saying. 

Woody Allen is shooting his 46th feature right now.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, fracfar said:

Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn, Lance Henriksen, Bill Paxton.

• Like 3