Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

13 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

A further comment, if mo-cap is complete for II and III already (Saldana has been done for a few months), I'm expecting the finished product to be so far ahead of everyone else in the game that they will be left speechless. Avengers (out May 3/19) wrapped up when was it last week? giving them maybe 5 months to finalize, so Cameron and team Weta/Lightstorm will have at least 21 months to basically nail down every single frame of the first sequel that doesn't have live action in it and even longer for III. It's like giving Bolt a 15 metre head start in the 100 metres, forget it. 

That's what quality means. You are taking 21 months to build an empire. For the superhero movie I think they are in hurry to make money they don't count quality anymore. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lothar said:

That's what quality means. You are taking 21 months to build an empire. For the superhero movie I think they are in hurry to make money they don't count quality anymore. 

I don't think any of the Marvel/DC movies are making any attempt at moving the technology forward or breaking new ground in any way, they're leaving that to other filmmakers. Example, if you want to do true motion capture underwater and make it look amazing new techniques and tech needs to be developed which is exactly what WETA is doing for Avatar, pretty sure they will have exclusive use on this for a while before it gets rolled out to anyone who wants it. 

Edited by Deuce66
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

I don't think any of the Marvel/DC movies are making any attempt at moving the technology forward or breaking new ground in any way, they're leaving that to other filmmakers. Example, if you want to do true motion capture underwater and make it look amazing new techniques and tech needs to be developed which is exactly what WETA is doing for Avatar, pretty sure they will have exclusive use on this for a while before it gets rolled out to anyone who wants it. 

WETA and maybe DARPA... 

• Like 2

On 10/22/2018 at 8:43 PM, Deuce66 said:

Cameron did mention that his character arc will be very interesting and will change significantly over the 4 films, I assume that he will be his usual I hate everything about Pandora self in the first movie (his clone retaining all previous memories), something will happen that will start a process of re-assessing what he's all about (some crossing the line type violence that shakes him up??). 

or he could go terminator on us and make him a good guy

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 8:07 PM, Deuce66 said:

I heard they were getting screwed on price by Marvel and WB, which is why the quality has gone right down in recent movies.

13 hours ago, DMan7 said:

It's easy to rile the Avatar fans up ain't it? 😄

I thought there weren't any of us? 

Also - the atom bomb was first detonated in 1945 - the amount of time that has passed has not lessened its impact. 

This is the modern day Manhattan project. Jim is Oppenheimer. 

• Thanks 2