Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I thought there weren't any of us? 

Also - the atom bomb was first detonated in 1945 - the amount of time that has passed has not lessened its impact. 

This is the modern day Manhattan project. Jim is Oppenheimer. 

DMAN7 coming to the slow realisation that 4 billion isn't a lunatics ramblings but instead a certainty.

going to make a trillie UH

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lothar said:

Dom or OS ??

good question

18 minutes ago, pepsa said:

What I have noticed is that the predictions go up the more the thread ages. If this movies get delayed another year I woudn't be suprised to see predictions up to 6B.

people laughed at my >$3b prediction years ago.. soon they'll be predicted that 3b and telling me my 5b is crazy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lothar said:

Dom or OS ??

OW. 

45 minutes ago, pepsa said:

What I have noticed is that the predictions go up the more the thread ages. If this movies get delayed another year I woudn't be suprised to see predictions up to 6B.

I predicted 16B already.

Edited by JamesCameronScholar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I thought there weren't any of us? 

Also - the atom bomb was first detonated in 1945 - the amount of time that has passed has not lessened its impact. 

This is the modern day Manhattan project. Jim is Oppenheimer. 

2 fans is still fans tho :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

good question

people laughed at my >$3b prediction years ago.. soon they'll be predicted that 3b and telling me my 5b is crazy

5B would be insane, and I would love to see that run, with 5B you expect 1B + for both DOM and China? 

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

5B would be insane, and I would love to see that run, with 5B you expect 1B + for both DOM and China? 

I’d think he’s  maybe going 1B Dom, 1.25B China, then 2.75B OS-C

Edited by feasby007

Just now, feasby007 said:

I’d think he’s  maybe going 1B Dom, 1.25B China, then 2.75B OS-C

For those numbers it will need a lot of hype before release. 2 month before the movie everybody should be talking about it. Than have IW openings with cameron legs (It should open bigger in China) than this might happen but so unlikely. Still if someone can pull it of it will be James Cameron

28 minutes ago, Jessie said:

if avatar ever comes up in conversation the person always seems to love it. this whole assumption that people don't care for avatar because it doesn't flood social media 24/7 is going to be put to rest when this is released. 

also see Jurassic World and Incredibles 2.

People on here act like the GA are bonobo's who don't know up from down. When the reality is they just need their memory re-jogging with a trailer then they'll be hyped as fuck.

expect 200m+ opening weekend into a bil dom. Bil from china then 2.5b+ from overseas

@pepsa

Jim sounds like a broken record every time he breaks a record

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Iron Jimbo, did you create the "James Cameron Is God" FB group?

I've been a member since 2009 and just didn't remember about it until today. :sparta:

no sorry my man I don't use facebook.

Jim is god though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hollywood reporter interviewed Sigourney Weaver at Rome film fest. She shares some avatar info.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sigourney-weaver-talks-avatar-saga-metoo-at-rome-film-fest-1155711

For Avatar you’re playing a completely different role. Is it different for each of the four film sequels?

No, it’s a continuous character. We just finished shooting two and three. We shot it in LA and James has announced publicly that there’s a lot of underwater work, so we learned how to free dive and we did many scenes underwater which was challenging and kind of cool.

I’m so lucky because I always grew up near the water and I’m married to someone from Hawaii and I had learned to swim. Also, you have the best safety divers in the world. The one scary thing is sometimes you have to be weighted down to be on the bottom. Luckily, I would have a safety diver on each arm to get me back to the surface. I was grateful for that, because otherwise I would still be there.

There’s no relationship to your past character?

No, not really.

Do the four sequels play as one story together?

It’s kind of one story. They’re all independent. It works without 4 and 5, but it really is a big saga.

Why do you think the new Avatar films will change the cinema experience?

I think that because the water becomes another world. The scripts are amazing, and in the first one, which I love, I think he hadn’t set up a lot of things. In this one he got to tell this very personal story. They’re amazing. There’s a message to not sacrifice everything for greed and conquest. It will take all four movies to really make that message loud and clear for the whole world.

Edited by tenken
  • Like 6

Interesting news that SW is already done, it makes me wonder what exactly they will be working on when they get down to New Zealand. I guess that Sigourney will be playing a Navi if she had numerous underwater scenes? 

• Like 1