Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, Cap said:

Uh, no. Ripley already iconic and bad ass without Cameron. I would argue she is better in the first one, because she has no traditional feminine burdens and it just treated like a person. A rare and refreshing take from American films. 

Edited by dignam

2 hours ago, Cap said:

Uh, no. Ripley already iconic and bad ass without Cameron. I would argue she is better in the first one, because she has no traditional feminine burdens and it just treated like a person. A rare and refreshing take from American films. 

Her character was badass in both but Ridley Scott couldn't help but sexualise her with those body shots toward the end of the movie. We had to talk about this scene in my film class 

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

I mean, not saying it's going to happen (and I don't believe it will), but this is a fallacy. A ton of the most decorated directors have had a dud at some point.

Wouldn't it be a fallacy to predict a dud just because all of his other movies have been good ?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SullyJake said:

Her character was badass in both but Ridley Scott couldn't help but sexualise her with those body shots toward the end of the movie. We had to talk about this scene in my film class 

This is an important topic in the link i posted above.

Decided to try my hand at what I think the min/max are for this film. Basing this off of the way BOM breaks down regions….

MIN

Domestic = $500M

China = $200M 

EMEA = $495M

APAC = $290M

LATAM = $140M

Total = $1.625B

MAX

Domestic = $1050M

China = $700M

EMEA = $850M

APAC = $680M

LATAM = $200M

Total = $3.48B

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XXR 4 Modsident said:

Decided to try my hand at what I think the min/max are for this film. Basing this off of the way BOM breaks down regions….

MIN

Domestic = $500M

China = $200M 

EMEA = $495M

APAC = $290M

LATAM = $140M

Total = $1.625B

MAX

Domestic = $1050M

China = $700M

EMEA = $850M

APAC = $680M

LATAM = $200M

Total = $3.48B

I find it interesting that the LATAM window is so small (in terms of gap between min and max) compared to the others, how come?

Edited by JustLurking

8 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I find it interesting that the LATAM window is so small (in terms of gap between min and max) compared to the others, how come?

Fewer variables in the market and outside of Brazil/Mexico, it’s mostly made up of smaller countries that won’t move the needle as much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1