Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, NCsoft said:

Do we think there might be enough reviews out there to drag this MTC score back to 70?

I do not like this 69 number.

yeah its obscene 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

To your showtime my brother. Kayom??  If So... Hang in there......Your almost back my brother and longtime Compadrewith Jake and Neferteri and the kids .

........... BUT  YOU BETTER NOT GET SOFT  FOR THE RETURN TO PANDORA!" (...Or,,,. Well you know the rest.😉)

Yup. It's a bummer it's just in 2D, but I just want to see this on opening day. Will just watch in 3D maybe on Saturday.

Cameron on deadline talking about when he’ll know there’s appetite for four and five or he might have to stop at three. 

“I’m just going to not think about it too much for the next three weeks because I think it’ll be the third weekend of release that will tell us what our trajectory is, if we’re shallow, or we run long we’ll make more money. If we fall off quicker, it could be just market forces, it could be attention span, it could be Covid. There’s all sorts of things that I can’t predict right now.”

https://deadline.com/2022/12/james-cameron-avatar-the-way-of-water-terminator-remorse-sigourney-weaver-kate-winslet-7-minute-breath-holding-swim-1235197918/

there’s some good stuff in there about his thoughts on Dark Fate too. 

3 minutes ago, Aristis said:

A little more than 18 hours until I'll see it. Just finished watching the first one again in preparation (it would have been great if they'd shown the Ultimate Edition in the re-release too). 

I'm so very ready for more Pandora :wub:

Im with you there Aristis.. :-O!!. .  So stoked for the Return. My first showing will be 4DX or Laser IMAX 3D.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

Cameron on deadline talking about when he’ll know there’s appetite for four and five or he might have to stop at three. 

“I’m just going to not think about it too much for the next three weeks because I think it’ll be the third weekend of release that will tell us what our trajectory is, if we’re shallow, or we run long we’ll make more money. If we fall off quicker, it could be just market forces, it could be attention span, it could be Covid. There’s all sorts of things that I can’t predict right now.”

https://deadline.com/2022/12/james-cameron-avatar-the-way-of-water-terminator-remorse-sigourney-weaver-kate-winslet-7-minute-breath-holding-swim-1235197918/

there’s some good stuff in there about his thoughts on Dark Fate too. 

Despite the fact that the first act of Avatar 4 has already been shot?

https://www.cbr.com/avatar-4-first-act-filming-complete-james-cameron/

9 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

How long is the World Cup again,.. Not possible for those to Catch Avatar and watch the CUP? Is it an all day Soccer Venture. Been so long since I talked to World Cup Enthusiasts :)? 

I don't know I barely follow WC. It starts 10 am est Sunday. Game will probably last 2-3 hours depending on if there's extra time but if it's like the Super Bowl it will probably be a whole day party for many fans.

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Yup. It's a bummer it's just in 2D, but I just want to see this on opening day. Will just watch in 3D maybe on Saturday.

Man wish I could make Opening Day.. Have work, but I will be rooting and there with you guys in spirit.. 

Hopefully we will see some crazy headlings for OW1 ;), I think Jimbo is also making OW1. 

THIS IS OUR LAND!!!

....." OTHER FILMS JUST RENT LIVING SPACE FOR A BIT!" 

• Like 1

I hope Cameron doesn't cut the run time for future sequels because of complaints over TWOW's length. Yes it hurts box office but quality is always far more important. Maybe my opinion will change after seeing TWOW but I've never seen a Cameron original cut that was too long or dragged at all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, danziger said:

I don't know I barely follow WC. It starts 10 am est Sunday. Game will probably last 2-3 hours depending on if there's extra time but if it's like the Super Bowl it will probably be a whole day party for many fans.

Ok I gotcha..  TY Brother Danziger. . .

Hopefully Avatar 2 doesnt take the kind of hits our naysayers want and its still a giant day regardless for A2 across the board.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

1 minute ago, danziger said:

I hope Cameron doesn't cut the run time for future sequels because of complaints over TWOW's length. Yes it hurts box office but quality is always far more important. Maybe my opinion will change after seeing TWOW but I've never seen a Cameron original cut that was too long or dragged at all.

Proof in the point I have the collectors Edition BR... And its 15-20+mins longer and is the best version of Avatar I..

Also the Abyss Directors Cut makes the original quite a few marks better. I hope Cameron will never cut running times, but he never listens to the few audience complaints on run times... Hence Titanic, and Avatar arent short escape Films by a longshot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Despite the fact that the first act of Avatar 4 has already been shot?

https://www.cbr.com/avatar-4-first-act-filming-complete-james-cameron/

Yes, even with that being the case. If the ROI isn't there, neither he nor Disney will be committing $300M+ dollars to A4. With that being said, I expect that the market will be there even if it doesn't hit some of the loftier expectations being thrown about. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Hah hah--Since Im not able to go on Friday, Shoot I'd take 2D or a special viewing on a 70Inch smart TV anything to get back to Pandora.. But definitely no bootleg for this one Period.... 

This is a movie you see in Theaters Always.. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, danziger said:

I'm fine with at least 2 hours and 30 minutes. 

So does anyone have a definitive answer to the HFR question? 

most of us I suspect will be seeing the movie in IMAX (liemax) 3D, whether that be single or dual laser. As I understand it, the movie can be projected at HFR with both single and dual, but the dual lasers might not be able to do 4K due to overheating. 

Regardless, are all IMAX 3D laser showings going to be in variable HFR or not? 

6 minutes ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Yes, even with that being the case. If the ROI isn't there, neither he nor Disney will be committing $300M+ dollars to A4. With that being said, I expect that the market will be there even if it doesn't hit some of the loftier expectations being thrown about. 

Indeed XXR,.... Looks like Avatar 2 .... THe Way of the Water will make enough bank to assure A4 is Greenlit... And the funny thing so will Avatar 3...  So lots of Gravy on the primordial Avatar Meal that Cameron and Disney can dine on if you ask me... :D

Maybe we'll get a part 6 lol