Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

From his review:

"You might recall that at the end of the last film, the Earthlings were dramatically sent packing from Pandora. Well, it turns out they just came back a year later."

This is totally false and a big mistake.
It is well known and even reiterated by various materials, statements, Avatar comics The High Ground, etc., that humans return 14 years later.

I mean... how can I believe the opinion of a guy who blatantly doesn't even seem to have followed the most basic events of the film?

Edited by omark
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

U.K. reviews. Far from great. 

Independent 3

Evening Standard 4

Empire 5

Total Film 4

Telegraph 1

Guardian 2

The Times 2

Financial Times 3

Daily Mail 4

Daily Express 2 

BBC 2

Metro 3

Digital Spy 3

5 Empire

4 Daily Mail

4 Evening Standard

4 Mirror

4 Total Film

3 Digital Spy

3 Financial Times

3 Independent

3 Metro

3 The Sun

2 BBC

2 Daily Express

2 Guardian

2 The Times

1 Telegraph

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Haha, there were definitely a few of those that went wild for Spectre. Definition of a 3 star Bond movie. 

I largely loved Craig's era but I've tried to watch Spectre three separate times and fell asleep at the hour mark each time. I think it's not meant to be for me to see that one haha

6 minutes ago, omark said:

From his review:

"You might recall that at the end of the last film, the Earthlings were dramatically sent packing from Pandora. Well, it turns out they just came back a year later."

It is well known from various materials, statements, comic books Avatar The High Ground, etc.. that the humans return 14 years later.

I mean... how can I believe the opinion of a guy who blatantly doesn't even seem to have followed the most basic events of the film?

This must be the single "Loved the first , Hated this one" review yet. The only its gonna get. Such a weird disconnect. 

5 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I largely loved Craig's era but I've tried to watch Spectre three separate times and fell asleep at the hour mark each time. I think it's not meant to be for me to see that one haha

I love lots of it, but it doesn’t work as a whole really. NTTD was an appropriate apology for it, and unbelievably improved it if you watch them both back to back. 

When do critics' reviews matter to you? Do you have a certain "percent" that you use as a basis whether you'll watch a movie or not? I mean, if this got a 60%, would you still watch it? I have given so many chances to low rated ones. The TRANSFORMERS movies are always the first to come to mind. 😂

14 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Haha, there were definitely a few of those that went wild for Spectre. Definition of a 3 star Bond movie. 

NNTD already barely is a 3 star bond movie, spectre is worse than that

13 minutes ago, omark said:

From his review:

It is well known from various materials, statements, comic books Avatar The High Ground, etc.. that the humans return 14 years later.

You dont need comics etc. It was stated many times, even in the first one that pandora is 4,9 lightyears from earth. The venture star travels with nearly 66% of lightspeed. So it takes nearly 7 years for the venture star to travel between earth and pandora and vice versa

Edited by dignam

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

NNTD already barely is a 3 star bond movie, spectre is worse than that

Really enjoyed NTTD myself. Although have only seen it the once. 

I watched the whole franchise back to back over a week and a half before OD of NTTD, so I definitely saw it as a decent chapter. 

I do this every couple of years. God knows why. But I kind of love watching them all in order as a mini movie marathon/season. Regularly do the same with other franchises/directors.  I’m sure I’m not the only one. 

Currently rewatching all of Cameron’s films before TWOW 

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator
27 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Anyone know why after subbing I’m still seeing ads on iOS Safari?

Usually they disappear immediately when I sub? 

Should be fixed now. There was a setting accidentally turned on that kept new Copper accounts in the free (with ads) category for  the secondary member group.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dignam said:

You dont need comics etc. It was stated many times, even in the first one that pandora is 4,9 lightyears from earth. The venture star travels with nearly 66% of lightspeed. So it takes nearly 7 years for the venture star to travel between earth and pandora and vice versa

Not to mention Jake and Neytiri had no kids in the first movie, but have multiple kids in this, including 2 teenage kids.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, omark said:

From his review:

I will say, this is not the only review I've come across that mentions the humans returning 1 year later.

6 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Really enjoyed NTTD myself. Although have only seen it the once. 

I watched the whole franchise back to back over a week and a half before OD of NTTD, so I definitely saw it as a decent chapter. 

I do this every couple of years. God knows why. But I kind of love watching them all in order as a mini movie marathon/season. Regularly do the same with other franchises/directors.  I’m sure I’m not the only one. 

Currently rewatching all of Cameron’s films before TWOW 

hope you discovered the fact that QoS is secretly the 2nd best craig era movie

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dignam said:

Yeah, but it was just to say that there are so many factors and examples that make you realize that it's been a long time, so I just don't understand how he thought it had only been 1 year.

9 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I will say, this is not the only review I've come across that mentions the humans returning 1 year later.

😑

Edited by omark

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

my pro-QoS shilling campaign will take it

I loved the opening scene from Spectre and after that nothing much. As for NTTD I don't have anything good to say about it. skyfall and CR were excellent. 

QoS needed a better villain and 20 minutes more of movie.