Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, european1992 said:

CGI in this is so great that it makes every Marvel movie look like a cartoon honestly.

I always check to see who is the primary company handling effects, WetaFX is always a great sign that the CGI is going to be at the very cutting edge and top quality.

2 hours ago, XXR Tulkun Rider said:

Japan is the most shocking thing about this run. It's literally going to drop like 80% with no restrictions/issues. 

I wonder if that absolutely tone deaf press conference in Japan with captive dolphins on display had anything to do with it. The marketing team behind that needs to be fired, I can't think of anything more anti-Avatar than that, perhaps if they had some whales also....that might have something to do with it. I have a hard time believing that Cameron approved this and more than likely he was fuming behind the scenes. 

• ...wtf 1

11 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Supposedly it helps with motion sickness, though I don't think my screening was HFR and I had none of it anyway. In fact was a bit worried since I hadn't seen a film in 3D in like 10 years and I wear glasses too now which doesn't help.

I also began wearing glasses in my 10 year 3d hiatus, will see it next week, you didnt happen to have any problems right?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

I also began waring glasses in my 10 year 3d hiatus, will see it next week, you didnt happen any problems right?

I was completely fine actually! I thought it would be uncomfortable but the glasses actually fit perfectly fine over mine and it was basically no different than normal for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

it's so good, seen it 3 times

Welcome back my brother. Going for my second freaking 4dx watch with my wife  soon.  Kids seeing it with friends this or next week..Their friends thought it was so good.  WOM is Outstanding!!

Woohoooo!

95-115m OW2 INCOMING PANDORIANS!!

Let's Get It Done !

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

I don't know about Oscars yet(though for right now I'm predicting Cameron to take best director there again) but I think this has a legit shot at taking Best Director AND Picture at the Globes. They gave the first one Director & Picture at the Globes in 2010. So idk why they won't repeat that. The movie will still be on everyone's mind by the time January rolls around so that bodes well for it's GG chances. 

43 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

4 time multiplier $536 million and a worldwide total in the $1.8 Billion range?? 30/70 split. Very strong word of mouth and the upcoming holiday weeks could drive numbers higher. 

Can't see less than a 6.2x- 6.4x brother deuce. This is the movie everyone wants to see 1-4+ times

And there's no mega Alvin, Sherlock Holmes etc this time taking some of the ticket money lol( Avatar 1 still had a 10x). Studios all ran away from Avatar 2 for a reason

" To Live Here You Have To Rideeee!"

Kal of Bom since 2002

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

3 minutes ago, dignam said:

So $485mio$ seems fine regarding all the bad mouthing. Sure, not what the fans hoped but most importantly not what the haters hoped for.

I mean even if the film 'only' grossed 1.6bil WW (and imo its still hitting 2bil), its a huge gross, biggest of the year, and a massive slap into the haters faces and the 'no one cares about AVATAR' loonies.

A better box office climate and 3bil would of been well in play imo.

This is going to be an interesting race...

Day / Date Rogue One Avatar Way of Water
0 / Dec 15 $29,000,000

total $29,000,000

$17,000,000

total $17,000,000

1 / Dec 16 $71,094,394

(theaters 4,157)

(YD - / LW -)

total $71,094,394

est. $53,000,000

(theaters 4,202)

(YD - / LW -)