Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

17 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Noctis must be one of the few out there that finds Jake Sully unlikable. Seems everyone roots for him to win out. I hope Jake is alive at the end and Netyri  as well. Love their story and the kids that have become part of this saga. Also the mysterious connection of you know who to Eewah and what this  character will evolve to. ( I'm feeling there's a power brewing that can best the Corp army all by itself in that one)😉👍

Honestly, I didn't find anyone who watched the film with me who liked him. 

1 minute ago, FilmFincher said:

My Cameron ranking post Way of Water. 

Aliens

Titanic

T2

The Terminator

The Abyss

True Lies 

Very nice True Lies would be in my Cameron top 10.

Oh reports of 20-26 mil Tuesday. Wow if it's in the 20s. Keeping fingers crossed but happy with the 16.2 Monday  and any Tuesday where's there's no drop and an increase is a good.thing.

11 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Honestly, I didn't find anyone who watched the film with me who liked him. 

I'm glad your not in the majority. He's a movie audience favorite.

In fact Cameron for some reason turned down a huge toy line deal to have tons of Jake sullys and Neferteris out there with the first Avatar. 

1 minute ago, stuart360 said:

It was funny last night in the weekdays thread when the 14.5 number came out. All mass celebrating and ejaculating for a good 10-15 pages.

Then the 17 number came and most of the people were gone in a flash from the thrread.🤣

I predicted $17M 😎🤘

16 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

It was funny last night in the weekdays thread when the 14.5 number came out. All mass celebrating and ejaculating for a good 10-15 pages.

Then the 17 number came and most of the people were gone in a flash from the thrread.🤣

Why would they celebrate?

So far, I can confirm that TWOW does indeed: 1. draw out a lot of people that has not gone to the theaters for a while and 2. generate repeat viewings in premium screens unlike anything I've seen recently, could be all the way back to Endgame. Among my social circle, quite a few of my friends who rarely goes to the movies went, some of them already went twice and planning on a third show. And the general consensus is that no matter where you sit in an IMAX auditorium, you'll get a pretty good experience with 3D, something that would be outright terrible in 2D (say second row seats stuff). Very positive signs I'd say, and honestly, I doubt you can do much better than this in this day and age.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

So far, I can confirm that TWOW does indeed: 1. draw out a lot of people that has not gone to the theaters for a while and 2. generate repeat viewings in premium screens unlike anything I've seen recently, could be all the way back to Endgame. Among my social circle, quite a few of my friends who rarely goes to the movies went, some of them already went twice and planning on a third show. And the general consensus is that no matter where you sit in an IMAX auditorium, you'll get a pretty good experience with 3D, something that would be outright terrible in 2D (say second row seats stuff). Very positive signs I'd say, and honestly, I doubt you can do much better than this in this day and age.

That's because the movie (possibly) does not cover the entire width of the IMAX screen unlike other movies like example Dune, Just like the first Avatar possibly the frame is smaller on IMAX so as the image is smaller is better viewing angles here is a capture of the Way of Water in IMAX AMC Universal Citywalk. Note how it does not cover the width, non 1.43:1 IMAX probably do not cover the width either. way-of-water-pillar-boxing-on-a-1-43-dua

Saw it a second time (IMAX3D HFR), loved it even more. Some of the friends I took dislike A1 but loved the second one and plan on going again to see it. Unsure where I’d place it amongst his other films still…need a third viewing but it’s def one of his best.

Also I know it’s weird to say about a big blockbuster but when you really break this one down, it’s truly one of the strangest films released this year. 

• Like 3