Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

You might get more picture but compositionally on AVATAR the 2.39:1 is superior. The 1.78:1 look far too TVish at times.

That's like saying "I prefer the 1.33:1 version of T2 because it has more picture."

T2-T23D-Comparison.jpg?ssl=1

Well, agree to disagree. I'd rather have picture instead of black bars.

Btw, 1.33:1 would have black bars on the sides. I would not like that, at all.

Edited by Elessar

3 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Yes but that's because he prefers the 3D version.

He specifically framed the movie in 2.39:1 for 2D exhibition. And 2D is how most people watch it at home.

In that interview he was talking about the 2D bluray release. 

ASC snub is annoying. Seems like a director nom is increasingly unlikely. Would have at least liked to see that along with picture/techs (win was always out of the question). Deserves better IMO.

Edited by Jiffy
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jiffy said:

ASC snub is annoying. Seems like a director nom is increasingly unlikely. Would have at least liked to see that along with picture/techs (win was always out of the question). Deserves better IMO.

Elvis and Empire of Light over Avatar, Banshees, Fabelmans, Babylon, and All Quiet on the Western Front is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Saw someone talking about this place on reddit so thought I'd check back! HOW AMAZING has this run been to follow?!

Should out to @IronJimbo@Sheldon Cr@NCsoft@stuart360 and all the other Avatar fans who called this! JAMES CAMERON does not miss! Honestly the film was so good too was so good to see themes of family and wholesomeness without all the jokes and things for a change. You guys put up with a lot of bad mouthing which was kinda cringe ngl but glad to see the doubters shown!

I seen it 4 times so far 2 with my family and 2 with friends. Will probably go see it one more time before it's done! Prob not gonna post again (this place just too many older people for me but that's the vibe) but just wanted to congratulate you all, am "SaveTheLizards" on Kelutral Discord if you guys ever post there or on boxoffice!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Kthuxi said:

Saw someone talking about this place on reddit so thought I'd check back! HOW AMAZING has this run been to follow?!

Should out to @IronJimbo@Sheldon Cr@NCsoft@stuart360 and all the other Avatar fans who called this! JAMES CAMERON does not miss! Honestly the film was so good too was so good to see themes of family and wholesomeness without all the jokes and things for a change. You guys put up with a lot of bad mouthing which was kinda cringe ngl but glad to see the doubters shown!

I seen it 4 times so far 2 with my family and 2 with friends. Will probably go see it one more time before it's done! Prob not gonna post again (this place just too many older people for me but that's the vibe) but just wanted to congratulate you all, am "SaveTheLizards" on Kelutral Discord if you guys ever post there or on boxoffice!

Thank you!

The opening weekend was a big loss, hurt the chances of the billie domestic. However everything we called came true 🤷‍♂️. The filmw as massive for all the reasons stated, the film was exactly what I said it would be.

Jim always delivers, and he promised us he would for A2. He normally delivers when he doesn't promise to deliver so there was 0 ZERO chance this wouldnt.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Serious thoughts after a fourth viewing: my only real complaint with this film is that Jim dropped the original font for the title at the end.

Maybe because of this :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_series

Avatar sailed past the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise ($4.5 billion) last weekend. With Avatar 3 it will pass Middle-earth, Jurassic Park, X-Men, Batman, for 9th place at minimum (barring wars, pandemics, etc.). If it gets a China release, I'm betting it will get to #6 just from those 3 movies, and very possibly #5 depending on how these next DC movies perform. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:18 AM, Deuce66 said:

$1.708 Billion - currently good enough for 7th Worldwide, next up Spider-Man No Way Home with $1.916B.

We make a spider dance coming up Pandorians!!

2BILLION ON LOCK!

Sad Face GIF

" We sent the naysayers the message!"

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

guys what if we just get to week 6 or something and it's a 0% drop and anti-gravity kicks in..

I think post-MLK drop-off probably 20% drops would be best case (I imagine there may be some higher ones mixed in).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

guys what if we just get to week 6 or something and it's a 0% drop and anti-gravity kicks in..

Hah hah if that happens. Force Awakens falls.domestically. That would mean pandorians are still coming and those traveled to Pandora for a second voyage ain't stopping while Avatar 2 is still breathing in glorious 3d Imax and 4dx!

" The Sullys around world heard Cameron's call and the.domestic and OS may have alot of suprises left brothers Jimbo, Stewart, Bruce , kayom,  NcSoft and Jiffy and all who bet on Jake and Netyri 🦝👍🏋‍♀️

Let's get 2.3b WW done and then turn it up few more notches!

" Whereever  We Go This Family.is our Fortress!"

James Cameron Friends GIF by Avatar

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kthuxi said:

Thank you brother kth!

We got it done!!

🦝🦾

10 minutes ago, Eric the Plane said:

Didn't really know where to place this, so I guess here lol

no mention of imax (nice)

Imagine if avatar misses TGM o 700 because cameron thought it would be funny to re-release titanic