Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

37 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vRVNQODc1MTYwODMzMA

Franglen says hes already done the music for 3, I imagine some might be dissapointed by that, he didnt sound 100% on 4 and 5 though

also throwing 2 (as a movie) under the bus by saying 3 is "astonishing" and much better than 2 (here we go again am I right?)

these kind of word is meaningless

THOR 4's director said THOR 4 is the best Marvel movie before its released

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vRVNQODc1MTYwODMzMA

Franglen says hes already done the music for 3, I imagine some might be dissapointed by that, he didnt sound 100% on 4 and 5 though

also throwing 2 (as a movie) under the bus by saying 3 is "astonishing" and much better than 2 (here we go again am I right?)

He literally says he's signed to do all four, meaning also 4 and 5.

Saying that the next film is even bigger and more astonishing is not throwing A2 under the buss.

Edited by Elessar

41 minutes ago, Bruce said:

these kind of word is meaningless

THOR 4's director said THOR 4 is the best Marvel movie before its released

Cameron said 3 is better than 2 and he’s no clown like Taika.

I’m inclined to believe him 100%.

He said 2 is better than 1 before release and he was right.

Edited by Mr Roark
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eric the Plane said:

I mean...wouldn't it make sense somebody would try and push their next movie as better than the last one? Like do you really think Simon Franglen will say "lol Avatar 3 sucks my dudes. It ain't as good as Way of Water"

Sure, at the end of the day, he's not impartial since he's directly involved. But then again, he could have said nothing, or Zoe Saldana for that matter, yet she dropped us a hint without having being asked. I'd like to think that speaks for their enthusiasm. Maybe they were just talking about the scope. Anyway, we will be the judge in 2 years. ;)

Edited by Elessar

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Sure, at the end of the day, he's not impartial since he's directly involved. But then again, he could have said nothing, or Zoe Saldana for that matter, yet she dropped us a hint without having being asked. Maybe it's just a scope thing. Anyway, we will be the judge in 2 years. ;)

Zoe said Avatar 3 was better before Avatar 2 was even in cinema

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

He literally says he's signed to do all four, meaning also 4 and 5.

Saying that the next film is even bigger and more astonishing is not throwing A2 under the buss.

yes he says that hes signed on for all 4 movies, but something about his tone afterwards and how he talked about his future project made me think it wasnt a 100% done deal 

the 2nd point is just me having fun with expressions

8 hours ago, Eric the Plane said:

I mean...wouldn't it make sense somebody would try and push their next movie as better than the last one? Like do you really think Simon Franglen will say "lol Avatar 3 sucks my dudes. It ain't as good as Way of Water"

Yeah this is obvious, but at the same time you had multiple people say A3 was better than A2 even before A2's release. Probably has to do with how they were originally one script so A3 probably has a lot of the payoff/larger scale stuff I would guess.

6 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yes he says that hes signed on for all 4 movies, but something about his tone afterwards and how he talked about his future project made me think it wasnt a 100% done deal

Well...the films aren't officially in production, yet.  3 has been shot and is on its way.  Films 4 and 5 are very likely to happen, but to our public knowledge, they are not officially greenlighted yet for full go-ahead.  They've shot a few pieces of them, but I'm sure it will be formally announced when these are officially on the go.

And yes, Avatar 2 and 3 were originally one film that was split out, and I think part of the reason was simply the time/distance that developed between Film 1 and 2, encouraging Cameron and crew to want to make Film 2 a "transitional" entry. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Yeah this is obvious, but at the same time you had multiple people say A3 was better than A2 even before A2's release. Probably has to do with how they were originally one script so A3 probably has a lot of the payoff/larger scale stuff I would guess.

Yeah. Because it's their job. If I was in these movies, I would be saying "wow, Avatar 3's going to blow y'alls minds. Avatar 4's gonna blow y'alls minds even harder. Avatar 5's gonna be even better than all of them".

And for the record, I'm sure Avatar 3 will be better. I'm confident in Daddy Cameron delivering something good here. But like it's not anything revelatory to hear all these puff pieces when it's part of the job to promote your new projects.

2 minutes ago, Eric the Plane said:

Yeah. Because it's their job. If I was in these movies, I would be saying "wow, Avatar 3's going to blow y'alls minds. Avatar 4's gonna blow y'alls minds even harder. Avatar 5's gonna be even better than all of them".

And for the record, I'm sure Avatar 3 will be better. I'm confident in Daddy Cameron delivering something good here. But like it's not anything revelatory to hear all these puff pieces when it's part of the job to promote your new projects.

But it is not common or even weird from a cast member to say Avatar 3 is better than Avatar 2 during marketing campaign of the 2nd movie.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Macleod said:

Well...the films aren't officially in production, yet.  3 has been shot and is on its way.  Films 4 and 5 are very likely to happen, but to our public knowledge, they are not officially greenlighted yet for full go-ahead.  They've shot a few pieces of them, but I'm sure it will be formally announced when these are officially on the go.

And yes, Avatar 2 and 3 were originally one film that was split out, and I think part of the reason was simply the time/distance that developed between Film 1 and 2, encouraging Cameron and crew to want to make Film 2 a "transitional" entry. 

Hah hah brother Macelod love your Avatar picture... " DESTROY -==DESTROY SUPERMAN!"

" NOT YET!" ,....  " FIRST I HAVE FUN!"   That was an unfinished film that really hurt Chris when they pulled the plug on the budget so they could go behind his back and dabble at Heman and some other movie and he had such plans to make sure it was a remarkable movie.    Still that movie has moments I felt were memorable( Cheers to the fans of  The quest for Peace) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StreamBO said:

After all those people daring to doubt James Cameron Avatar 2 is hitting 2 Billion finally. I even said it was gonna do 3 billion possibly, because James Cameron is James Cameron. 

Plus... 

Since we are speaking about James Cameron movies, any idea how much at the box office, can this 25 anniversary re-release of Titanic add to its lifetime DOM-gross? Since so far, Titanic’s lifetime gross is at $659M DOM. Inbetween the recent re-release grosses of Avatar 1 & Spider-Man: No Way Home? Less than those movies? More than those movies? Any idea how much it can make? 👩🏻‍💼

Nice Avatar 2 40-43M 4 Day :).. Megan with 21M :).. 

Looks like we fly over incredibles ... Next.. Jimbo Maverick's domestic crown will fall! :) 

And the dream of folks feeling A2 wont make NWH numbers has come to an end..

OVER 718M DOMESTIC!!  2.3-2.5B WW or more!! .   YESSS!!

" LETS GET IT DONE!"

General Quaritz on folks still doubting Cameron and Avatar 2 to conquer the Odds

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1